+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best time to obtain police clearance??

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The country in which I live in provides a police certificate of 6 months, validity and police certificate can be obtained for free only if you have connections within the police, otherwise they charge as per their wish;

I fortunately managed to furnish a police certificate for free and submitted it with my application the same day when I fetched it from the police office (4th may 2015), but after 4 months, they have refused my application and now I think I wont be able to submit it again as it only has validity of 2 months now and even if I get an invitation again as sooner as a month and a half, than the validity of that certificate wouldn't be left much enough to bear the next waiting time for around 4 months or more (till my case gets in the table for eligibility)

(though medical has results have still hopes to be submitted again as being an year of validity, only if I get the next invitation soon)

I wanted to ask that what is the best time of police certificate obtainment in case of Express entry

1) initially while submitting the express entey application,

OR

2) when they start working on your application and ask it from you in between?so as the validity be maximzed till one gets RPRV

Response be highly appreciated.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
Your PCC must be valid at the time of your application (in response to ITA). It's fine if it expires while your application is still being processed.

CIC has its own interpretation of validity:

- For your country of residence, it must be no older than 6 months
- For any other country, it is valid indefinitely provided you obtained it after you last lived in the respective country.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp
Thanks dan :)