+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best suited job profile in Canada

Ask_Buddha

Jan 7, 2019
Hello

I am immigrating to Toronto in September with my family.
I would to provide a brief about my education and career so that it would be easier for you all to help me with my query.
  • Computer Engineer: 2010
  • Worked as a software developer (Java): 2.5 years
  • MBA: 2013-15
  • Worked as a Senior Analyst: 2 years
  • Worked as a Senior Business Manager: 1.5 years
  • Worked as a Tax officer (GST/Sales Tax) with state (provincial) government in India: 2.5 years
Now I am trying to understand the job industry in Canada.
  • I am interested in knowing what profile I should be looking forward to applying for in Canada?
  • Would my work history from India be considered?
  • Moreover, do I need to get certification for the specific profile?
  • What certifications could be done?
  • Any other path that could lead to me fetching a decent enough job (preferably a managerial profile- across any domain).

I am open to diverse opinions. Please share your inputs.

TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

I would to provide a brief about my education and career so that it would be easier for you all to help me with my query.
  • Worked as a Tax officer (GST/Sales Tax) with state (provincial) government in India: 2.5 years
  • I am interested in knowing what profile I should be looking forward to applying for in Canada?
  • Any other path that could lead to me fetching a decent enough job (preferably a managerial profile- across any domain).

TIA
Did you work for a multinational as a senior business analyst/business manager or was that for the government? Have you kept up your IT skills?

Ask_Buddha

Jan 7, 2019
Did you work for a multinational as a senior business analyst/business manager or was that for the government? Have you kept up your IT skills?
Thanks for the reply.
I worked with TCS, Cognizant and an Indian consultancy firm before I moved to government sector.
I have kept up with the basics, did some analytical work while my stint with tax department and I am planning to get a couple of certifications before applying for jobs in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply.
I worked with TCS, Cognizant and an Indian consultancy firm before I moved to government sector.
I have kept up with the basics, did some analytical work while my stint with tax department and I am planning to get a couple of certifications before applying for jobs in Canada.
So you have some experience in well known employers globally. Would personally work your contacts through your previous employer. That would be your best option for finding a job in Canada. IT skills are in very high demand so if you can update your IT skills that would also be something that would benefit you.

hellosudheer

Jul 20, 2022
I would ask you to do focused job search & from what I see, you should be looking into as a BSA/BA. This will help you get traction because of your past experience in technical skills. Make your resume impressive with your achievements and there you go.

Hello

TIA