+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best route

Charms86

Aug 22, 2019
hi there I’ve just came back to Ireland 2 weeks ago from Calgary we’re I have worked since April and i still have 19 months left on my IEC work permit but what I want to no is what’s the best way to try and get permanent residency as I can’t take being away from my wife and 3 kids any longer. I want to get them over with me legally any help or advice would be great

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi there I’ve just came back to Ireland 2 weeks ago from Calgary we’re I have worked since April and i still have 19 months left on my IEC work permit but what I want to no is what’s the best way to try and get permanent residency as I can’t take being away from my wife and 3 kids any longer. I want to get them over with me legally any help or advice would be great
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Did you have a skilled job in Canada? If you did, you could have applied for a work permit for your wife and your children could have come along and attended school.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a hardscaper/ landscaper can I apply for a for a work permit for her
No - you can't. Unfortunately your job is classified as a semi-skilled profession - so she does not qualify for a work permit. You need to be in a NOC A, B or 0 role (skilled) for her to qualify.

Charms86

Aug 22, 2019
No - you can't. Unfortunately your job is classified as a semi-skilled profession - so she does not qualify for a work permit. You need to be in a NOC A, B or 0 role (skilled) for her to qualify.
So is there any chance that she enters on her own IEC work visa that the kids could join us then an try different pr routes while we’re both in Calgary

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply and as visitors how long can they stay an could we put them in school sorry if these questions have been ask before
Generally, kids are granted visitor status to match the stay of the parent. Yes, they can go to school.

Reactions: Charms86

Charms86

Aug 22, 2019
Generally, kids are granted visitor status to match the stay of the parent. Yes, they can go to school.
Just another question sorry.
Would I need to get study permits for the kids they will be 12,11 and 7 when hopefully arrive next April if the wife gets her iec