+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best route to take for entry ?

Jampg

Feb 20, 2016
We are looking for some advice if possible .
I am a from UK and my girlfriend is from Quebec . We have been in a relationship for a couple of years and are struggling to find the best way to live a comfortable life together . We have spent the 6 months in Canada together with me on a tourist visa , we have spent significant time back in Europe so I can work to build up funds again and then traveling elsewhere so we don't have to part ways .
i would rather move there and have an open work permit than have to rely on a company to provide Lmia and permit etc also it seems more tricky with it being Quebec as I'm not French speaking at the moment .
We also don't just want to get married for papers as we would like to live together for a few years first .
Does anyone have any idea of a good , reasonably quick option and costs , time etc
Any input would be appreciated , thanks .

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Re: Best root to take for entry .

In my opinion go for your points calculation first the point total will help you to decide which route to take.

Jampg

Feb 20, 2016

Thanks Vicky I will take a look at that . I just find these features are a bit restrictive and don't cater for individual cases as not all of the details are taken into consideration . It's definatly a start though and I will try that now .

Jan 27, 2016

Jampg said:
I am a from UK and my girlfriend is from Quebec . We have been in a relationship for a couple of years and are struggling to find the best way to live a comfortable life together . We have spent the 6 months in Canada together with me on a tourist visa , we have spent significant time back in Europe so I can work to build up funds again and then traveling elsewhere so we don't have to part ways .
i would rather move there and have an open work permit than have to rely on a company to provide Lmia and permit etc also it seems more tricky with it being Quebec as I'm not French speaking at the moment .
We also don't just want to get married for papers as we would like to live together for a few years first .
Does anyone have any idea of a good , reasonably quick option and costs , time etc
Get married already

Avispita

Jan 7, 2016
You can live together for a year in the UK and then she can apply for you to come to Canada. You would have to read the list of what things are evidence of your common-law relationship: Joint bank accounts, assets purchased together or under both of your names, leasing/rent agreements under both your names, etc. Check the list. Canada allows you to apply for your partner when you can prove you are married or have lived in a common-law relationship for a year.

The fastest choice would be to get married. You don't have to live together for a year to prove that. You marry today, and she can apply for you. The application process might take from 8 months to a year, depending on the visa office in the UK. But you will have a permanent resident status. Then live in Canada for 4 out of 6 years (it might change to less with the new liberal government) to get Canadian citizenship.

Other routes would be Express Entry and a program called International Experience Canada, which allows you to travel and work in Canada if your country has agreements with Canada. The UK does have this agreement. Check it out here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp

In addition, you can apply to come to study in Canada. You would study in a government recognized institution, get an internationally recognized education, work up to 20 hrs while in school, and 40 hrs in summer, and at the end of your studies, you can apply for a PGWP - a Post Graduate Work Permit, which will allow you to obtain a work permit from 1 to 3 years, depending on the length of your studies. By then, I think you will most assuredly know whether you want to marry or not. According to the government and educational institutions, your work experience in Canada can enhance your application to immigrate if you want to apply on your own, but do not be so hopeful, because this system started in 2015 (called Express Entry) and students who graduated in Canada and have applied through this system are not being given enough points to be selected.

Just so you know, immigrating to Canada is really hard, so your best choices are the ones outlined above, but the surest and fastest way is for your girlfriend/future wife to apply for you.

Good luck!

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe if you can demonstrate with enough evidence that you both have lived together continuously for 12 months inside or outside Canada and if your girl friend is a Canadian citizen or PR holder then she can probably sponsor your stay in Canada. Look at posts in other sections where you can get your questions answered.

YoungKim

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/07/2015
AOR Received.
07/13/2015
Med's Request
09/17/2015
Med's Done....
10/01/2015
Passport Req..
02/12/2016
LANDED..........
02/22/2016
Jampg said:
Hey
I am almost in the same situation as you, except I am in Canada as a resident and my girlfriend in UK.
She will be coming to Canada at the end of this year. Her plan is to come here on a 6 month travel visa,
and find some kind of work to obtain a work permit so she can stay on.

And I totally agree about the paper, I can sponsor her if we get married, but for now, it seems too early.
I visited UK this year 1 month back, would much like to stay but, hey immigration in UK and work/life is much harder
it seems at the moment.

In Quebec, There are 2 ways to immigration. for francophones = PEQ and for general = Point based system

If you have good experience and education, I would suggest you, point based system as you already may be eligible.

If you have other questions just PM me