+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best province for Finance and Accounting profession for foreigners?

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Greetings,

I am planning to move to Canada later this year. Currently i have 4 years of accounting experience + professional certification ACCA & CPA,CGA (Canada).

1) Which province + city is best for me to move?
2) How difficult is it to land on an accounting / finance job without Canadian Experience?

Thanks in advance

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Answers:
1) Toronto
2) Have to land there and then search. Can't find before hand. Since you have CPA already, I hope it shouldn't be that difficult.

Reactions: FReza

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Greetings,

I am planning to move to Canada later this year. Currently i have 4 years of accounting experience + professional certification ACCA & CPA,CGA (Canada).

1) Which province + city is best for me to move?
2) How difficult is it to land on an accounting / finance job without Canadian Experience?

Thanks in advance
Toronto definitely has the most finance and accounting jobs, but it is also the most competitive city for jobs in Canada. I would suggest looking at Halifax, Ottawa or Kitchener/Waterloo instead.

As for the probability of landing a job, you will definitely find one. However, it may take some time and may not be at the level you want. However, if you stick with it, you will progress up the ladder and reach the level you want soon enough.

Reactions: FReza

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Accounting jobs are all over the place. If you already have your CPA you are already off to a good start. No shortage of accountants around so don't limit yourself to Toronto.

Reactions: torontosm and FReza