+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best mba program in toronto

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
U of T and York. Hard to comment on job prospects because it is dependent on so many things but the degree is very well respected. They are also very hard to get into and expensive.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
U of T and York. Hard to comment on job prospects because it is dependent on so many things but the degree is very well respected. They are also very hard to get into and expensive.
What do you mean by hard to get into?any idea about the requirements and if there are any study loans?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What do you mean by hard to get into?any idea about the requirements and if there are any study loans?
You need high marks and a strong GMAT score to be accepted. There are study loans available - but since they are loans you have to pay the money back once you are done. Rotman (U of T) is not cheap. I think it's around $110K these days.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
You need high marks and a strong GMAT score to be accepted. There are study loans available - but since they are loans you have to pay the money back once you are done. Rotman (U of T) is not cheap. I think it's around $110K these days.
I am a dentist and was thinking of my other alternative paths as i see many people pursuing the path of mba didnt know that its that difficult to get in

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The programme is too demanding to work 20 hours per week. Don't see how you could work more than a couple of hours while studying full-time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't know if you can get OSAP to cover the cost of an MBA. You likely will have to take line of credits as well plus you have to cover living expenses in Toronto. Many international students seem to be seeking the least valuable MBA programs career-wise. Their focus on tuition fee and ease of admission. In the end it will be a lot of money spent for not a great return.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Don't know if you can get OSAP to cover the cost of an MBA. You likely will have to take line of credits as well plus you have to cover living expenses in Toronto. Many international students seem to be seeking the least valuable MBA programs career-wise. Their focus on tuition fee and ease of admission. In the end it will be a lot of money spent for not a great return.
Any suggestion for programs with good prospects?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You'll have to do your own research. You know you strengths, your educational background, etc. There is no simple solution. You seem to be second guessing all your plans. Maybe staying in India is better for you. For many it will be a better life but family seems to push them to Canada.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
You'll have to do your own research. You know you strengths, your educational background, etc. There is no simple solution. You seem to be second guessing all your plans. Maybe staying in India is better for you. For many it will be a better life but family seems to push them to Canada.
I am not 2nd guessing this will be my initial plan as it will take time to get licensure and am looking for an above average career to support my living expenses and study

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your plan doesn't make a lot of sense. You want to go to school for a minimum of 2 years but with application it will take 3 years. Hopefully you get in but you'll end up with lots of debt. Then hopefully you'll get a job that may require long hours. Then you may have weekends to focus on your dentistry relicensing or retraining.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Your plan doesn't make a lot of sense. You want to go to school for a minimum of 2 years but with application it will take 3 years. Hopefully you get in but you'll end up with lots of debt. Then hopefully you'll get a job that may require long hours. Then you may have weekends to focus on your dentistry relicensing or retraining.
Are there any short courses or diplomas that wont be b taxing time wise and at the same time open me good options for work?