+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Lawyer for Start-up Visa in Toronto Region...

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Hello All,

My brother-in-law wants to immigrate to Canada through this Start-up Program. Unlike other economic programs (CEC, FSWP, PNP), I believe STart-up program is a bit tricky and would need lawyers assistance to get through....

So, I was wondering if anyone has some experience with any lawyer in Toronto region and share their feedback and fees (if possible).....

Many Thanks.....

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
ABS_1382 said:
Hello All,

My brother-in-law wants to immigrate to Canada through this Start-up Program. Unlike other economic programs (CEC, FSWP, PNP), I believe STart-up program is a bit tricky and would need lawyers assistance to get through....

So, I was wondering if anyone has some experience with any lawyer in Toronto region and share their feedback and fees (if possible).....

Many Thanks.....
The startup program is actually one of the more simple ones to navigate through. Has your brother-in-law received a commitment for funding from a VC, angel group or incubator as of yet? If so, the financier should be able to assist in processing the paperwork.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
torontosm said:
The startup program is actually one of the more simple ones to navigate through. Has your brother-in-law received a commitment for funding from a VC, angel group or incubator as of yet? If so, the financier should be able to assist in processing the paperwork.
Thanks for your quick response...No...He has not received anything and wants to initiate the process from scratch....He has money - close of 250 K CAD $ but does not know where to start....I was doing some reading and saw on the CIC website that we need a letter of support from 'Designated Organizations' to initiate this STart-up process...but to get a letter of support, we may have to present our business idea...there might be other steps that I am not aware of....for all these I was wondering if we should hire a lawyer....

Thanks....

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
ABS_1382 said:
Thanks for your quick response...No...He has not received anything and wants to initiate the process from scratch....He has money - close of 250 K CAD $ but does not know where to start....I was doing some reading and saw on the CIC website that we need a letter of support from 'Designated Organizations' to initiate this STart-up process...but to get a letter of support, we may have to present our business idea...there might be other steps that I am not aware of....for all these I was wondering if we should hire a lawyer....

Thanks....
A lawyer won't be able to help you with this, as it is a bit different than the traditional process of filling out forms. In effect, he will have to prepare an investor presentation and present the idea to a few accredited VC's, angel investors and/or incubators. If one of them "accepts" him, they will invest in his business and based upon that investment, he will qualify for the start-up visa. You can PM me if you need any further details.

Happy007

May 20, 2016
ABS_1382 said:
Hello All,

Many Thanks.....
Hi any update on the issue?