+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Immigration options to canada

buffet96

Dec 27, 2019
I am an Indian, working in US for past 1.5 years and recently got married in India. We are planning to immigrate to canada. Right now my express entry profile score is 453 and I know It is very unlikely to get an invitation with this score so I am considering these 2 options.

1) Somehow get a job offer in Canada and add 50 points to CRS score (453 -> 503)
2) Send my wife on study visa and me going to Canada on open work visa then get a job offer and add 50 points (503)

How realistic are these options and what is the best option for me. Thank you for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am an Indian, working in US for past 1.5 years and recently got married in India. We are planning to immigrate to canada. Right now my express entry profile score is 453 and I know It is very unlikely to get an invitation with this score so I am considering these 2 options.

1) Somehow get a job offer in Canada and add 50 points to CRS score (453 -> 503)
2) Send my wife on study visa and me going to Canada on open work visa then get a job offer and add 50 points (503)

How realistic are these options and what is the best option for me. Thank you for your time.
Both of these options will be extremely difficult to achieve and unfortunately are likely not realistic. In order to get the 50 job offer points under either of these two options you must find an employer who is willing to obtain an approved LMIA (even if you are here on an open work permit, you still need an approved LMIA to claim the 50 job offer points).

I would recommend that you look at other ways to increase your score or look into the PNP immigration streams instead.

buffet96

Dec 27, 2019
Both of these options will be extremely difficult to achieve and unfortunately are likely not realistic. In order to get the 50 job offer points under either of these two options you must find an employer who is willing to obtain an approved LMIA (even if you are here on an open work permit, you still need an approved LMIA to claim the 50 job offer points).

I would recommend that you look at other ways to increase your score or look into the PNP immigration streams instead.
Thank you for your response. What do you think about my wife doing masters degree there and then work for a while in canada and try for a PR? Is that a more realistic approach?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response. What do you think about my wife doing masters degree there and then work for a while in canada and try for a PR? Is that a more realistic approach?
Sure - that may be more realistic.

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017

Have you looked at the various provincial immigration programs? They could be a far better option particularly if you work in a field that is high in demand in one of the provinces.

buffet96

Dec 27, 2019
Have you looked at the various provincial immigration programs? They could be a far better option particularly if you work in a field that is high in demand in one of the provinces.
Thank you for response. I work as a software engineer(1.5 years experience) with masters degree in usa. I have gone through all the pnps but i did not find any pnp that i am eligible to apply. Did I miss anything?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for response. I work as a software engineer(1.5 years experience) with masters degree in usa. I have gone through all the pnps but i did not find any pnp that i am eligible to apply. Did I miss anything?
You have a better chance of getting a job offer than others given your profession.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017

As a software engineer with a US Masters, your chances of getting a job in Canada aren't that bad, actually. Look into companies like VanHack - they help international tech talent get jobs in Canada, and Canada has a program called Global Talent Stream that makes it easy for Canadian companies to hire foreign tech talent.

Just be careful - no reputable recruiting company will ever ask you for any money (the hiring company pays the recruiting company. You are never asked to pay) . If a company/agent asks you to pay to get a job, it's 99% a scam and you should run away.