+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Immigration Lawyer in Toronto Area

Ifly81

Apr 4, 2019
Request any suggestion for Good lawyer in GTA for PR Card renewal. I have residency obligation issue but strong case.
Any take on Green and Spiegel Law firm in Toronto? They look good on google reviews.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Request any suggestion for Good lawyer in GTA for PR Card renewal. I have residency obligation issue but strong case.
Any take on Green and Spiegel Law firm in Toronto? They look good on google reviews.
There is nothing need for a lawyer. Either renounce PR and get sponsored again or try to enter and if you get denied get sponsored again.

Ifly81

Apr 4, 2019
There is nothing need for a lawyer. Either renounce PR and get sponsored again or try to enter and if you get denied get sponsored again.
I am already in Canada and have nice job here with a big company. its just that due nature of my I have to travel to US every month. I don't meet residency obligation when PR Card is due for renewal. so can't renounce PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am already in Canada and have nice job here with a big company. its just that due nature of my I have to travel to US every month. I don't meet residency obligation when PR Card is due for renewal. so can't renounce PR.
Don’t see how a lawyer can help you. Needing to travel to the US is not an H&C reason. You didn’t meet your RO and so the consequence is that travelling to the US will be difficult or impossible. This is something you should have brought up with your employer when they hired you. Once you PR card expires you can try to land in the US and drive across the border. Assume you are currently flying monthly so could be reported at any time.

You previous statements say you are settling in April 2020 so how are you not settled in Canada now?

Reactions: jddd

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Don’t see how a lawyer can help you. Needing to travel to the US is not an H&C reason. You didn’t meet your RO and so the consequence is that travelling to the US will be difficult or impossible. This is something you should have brought up with your employer when they hired you. Once you PR card expires you can try to land in the US and drive across the border. Assume you are currently flying monthly so could be reported at any time.

You previous statements say you are settling in April 2020 so how are you not settled in Canada now?
Agree with this.

Needing to travel every month for a job does not make a strong case.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Any take on Green and Spiegel Law firm in Toronto?
They are good. They handled my work permits and PR application.

But as others mentioned, not sure how much they can help in your case

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
David Cohen, the founder of this website, was a great attorney. Experienced, wise, compassionate! RIP David.....

I would suggest start by contacting the owners of this forum and schedule a consultation with one of their current attorneys.

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
David Cohen, the founder of this website, was a great attorney. Experienced, wise, compassionate! RIP David.....

I would suggest start by contacting the owners of this forum and schedule a consultation with one of their current attorneys.
David was a great attorney. However, I think his firm is based out of Montreal.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
David was a great attorney. However, I think his firm is based out of Montreal.
Does it matter? Isn't immigration fall under Federal law? If one finds a great lawyer in Montreal, it should be as good as if one found them in Toronto. Unless, you want them to go to court with you and then it could turn out costly to buy round trip ticket and make hotel accommodations.

RocketCity

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal
NOC Code......
U062
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Nomination.....
26-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
Med's Request
09-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
RPRF Request 02-03-2015, PPR Request 10-03-2015
Does it matter? Isn't immigration fall under Federal law? If one finds a great lawyer in Montreal, it should be as good as if one found them in Toronto. Unless, you want them to go to court with you and then it could turn out costly to buy round trip ticket and make hotel accommodations.
No, not at all. However, the original poster did ask for one in the GTA. Some people like the face to face interaction. Perhaps, he's one of them.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
No, not at all. However, the original poster did ask for one in the GTA. Some people like the face to face interaction. Perhaps, he's one of them.
I won't speculate about OP's preference for face to face interaction. I will just say that it's not necessary if what he needs is assistance to apply for PR renewal. And most law offices since start of pandemic use Zoom anyway, not seeing clients face to face.
OP says he has H & C grounds ("I have residency obligation issue but strong case") , and attorney in Montreal can be as good as in Toronto in submitting his application. Unless he anticipates court hearings and personal appearance of attorney in GTA area will be required. It would then cost a fortune to fly him in and pay for his stay in Toronto.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I won't speculate about OP's preference for face to face interaction. I will just say that it's not necessary if what he needs is assistance to apply for PR renewal. And most law offices since start of pandemic use Zoom anyway, not seeing clients face to face.
OP says he has H & C grounds ("I have residency obligation issue but strong case") , and attorney in Montreal can be as good as in Toronto in submitting his application. Unless he anticipates court hearings and personal appearance of attorney in GTA area will be required. It would then cost a fortune to fly him in and pay for his stay in Toronto.
Despite for a different matter, I still visit my lawyer face to face and over the phone/email.

Instead of flying and hotel stay, he can also drive his camper van between Toronto and Montreal.