+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Immigration Lawyer for Study Permit Reapplication Case

Apr 10, 2023
Hello Everyone!

I was refused student visa in July'23. Refusal reasons were strong family ties in Canada, weak family ties outside Canada, and purpose of visit. Now I am thinking of reapplying with an immigration lawyer as I believe that hiring a lawyer will make my case more presentable and VO might open up my transcript and client info this time and look at my academic background, IELTS, job, etc. which are all good. I have noted few lawyers so please tell me about your experience with the following lawyers and recommend any lawyers which you might think are good in such cases.

1) Matkowsky Law
2) Muerrens and Associates
3) Gerami Law Professional Corporation
4) Green & Spiegal
5) Bellissimio Law Group
6) Battista Migration Law Group

P.S I only have one sister who has PR in Canada and my mother who has travelled to Canada twice before visited Canada again on a visit visa just a weak after I applied which I believe impacted my case. My other sister has a green card in USA.

Thanks!

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I was refused student visa in July'23. Refusal reasons were strong family ties in Canada, weak family ties outside Canada, and purpose of visit. Now I am thinking of reapplying with an immigration lawyer as I believe that hiring a lawyer will make my case more presentable and VO might open up my transcript and client info this time and look at my academic background, IELTS, job, etc. which are all good. I have noted few lawyers so please tell me about your experience with the following lawyers and recommend any lawyers which you might think are good in such cases.

1) Matkowsky Law
4) Green & Spiegal
5) Bellissimio Law Group

P.S I only have one sister who has PR in Canada and my mother who has travelled to Canada twice before visited Canada again on a visit visa just a weak after I applied which I believe impacted my case. My other sister has a green card in USA.

Thanks!
Unless you have difficulties understanding the application process (filling forms, collecting documents, writing letters, etc.) I seriously do not see the benefit of hiring a lawyer! Waste of money in my opinion!
You need to convince them that you intend to go back to your homeland once you are done with your studies. This is done by strong family ties, assets, and future job employment. Of course, being able to afford your studies is crucial, but everyone can borrow money, and, you, as I can see have two sisters abroad already!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everyone!

1) Matkowsky Law
4) Green & Spiegal
5) Bellissimio Law Group

Thanks!
Hiring a lawyer isn't going to make your app look better or give you any preferential treatment in the eyes of IRCC. You have to address the issues that have been given to you for the refusal. It is recommended you apply for the GCMS notes to get a better understanding of the refusal reasons.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello Everyone!

1) Matkowsky Law
4) Green & Spiegal
5) Bellissimio Law Group

Thanks!
I wonder why your list did not include Cohen Immigration Law which owns this forum...

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Rere1997

Aug 4, 2023
Lawyer would be good if you want to take your refusal to court. Otherwise I don’t think it will be much help