Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Which is the best province for healthcare with regards to cost, inclusion of eyes and dental treatment, waiting times, etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Which is the best province for healthcare with regards to cost, inclusion of eyes and dental treatment, waiting times, etc.
Ontario, BC, Quebec and last time I checked also NB have waiting times for health care for newcomers ranging from 2-3 months. Sometimes 2 months and the balance of the 3rd and sometimes 90 days. BC charges you monthly premiums for your health care as well.

As far as I know, no provincial health care covers vision and dental. This is a supplementary insurance that you can buy for yourself if you want it but is often included as a benefits package through your employer.

The best province for you is where you can get a decent job. After that, everything else will fall into place.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Leon said:
Ontario, BC, Quebec and last time I checked also NB have waiting times for health care for newcomers ranging from 2-3 months. Sometimes 2 months and the balance of the 3rd and sometimes 90 days. BC charges you monthly premiums for your health care as well.

As far as I know, no provincial health care covers vision and dental. This is a supplementary insurance that you can buy for yourself if you want it but is often included as a benefits package through your employer.

The best province for you is where you can get a decent job. After that, everything else will fall into place.
Thanks Leon. Getting a job is the 1st priority and healthcare is 2nd. I am considering BC and ON as Vancouver and Toronto are my desired locations. I will buy my own insurance until I am covered by the province.

I know there is monthly fee in BC which employers usually pay. My only concern was in case it took me say 6 months to get a job, then the monthly premium will eat into my savings until I can get an employer to pay / afford to pay with my wages.

ON has a wait time of 3 months. Again, if it takes me say 6 months to get a job, I wouldn't need to pay for healthcare during my unemployment.