Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
hi guys any inputs where to land if you are an engineering in profession. thanks in advance

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on what engineering field you are in... if you are following industry trends this is what you might come to:
- mechanical/industrial/electro-mechanical engineering - best bet will be Alberta (where the oil industry is concentrated around the oil-sands)
- telecommunications, communications, IT-support for communications, IP networks - split between BC and Ontario the big three are now upgrading their networks to the much hyped "4G" (LTE) and this has a cascading effect on the other areas that support these networks (maintenance, support)
- civil engineering - generally where there are building booms now - I hear Manitoba has has high rates of construction over the past few years

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your friends and relatives in those areas will be the best information sources of making a decision where to land by factoring in the balancing of cost of housing and overhead (utilities etc.) and other factors that you think are essential for the quality of life you want.

You can only get the true cost when you are there. You can't use the comparison for the rent - there are a lot of factors which determine the amount of rent charged (i.e. new construction/age of building, proximity, location etc.) not to mention rates do increase over time as well as if the housing sector in the province is on the rise (demand is greater that supply).

gerlalo

May 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
ragluf said:
Your friends and relatives in those areas will be the best information sources of making a decision where to land by factoring in the balancing of cost of housing and overhead (utilities etc.) and other factors that you think are essential for the quality of life you want.

You can only get the true cost when you are there. You can't use the comparison for the rent - there are a lot of factors which determine the amount of rent charged (i.e. new construction/age of building, proximity, location etc.) not to mention rates do increase over time as well as if the housing sector in the province is on the rise (demand is greater that supply).
thnx for the info ragluf

square111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2009
Any Province is Good except for Ontario....my experience, my opinion...others may disagree....I landed 2 years back and Ontario, especially the Greater Toronto Area has been full of bitter memories for me as an engineer and as a human....Toronto is just inhuman!!! Ontario is good for blue collar jobs but if you are a professional (engineer, doctor, architect, accountant, etc.) try to land in other provinces. People are also nice and helpful in most of the provinces, other than Ontario.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
Any Province is Good except for Ontario....my experience, my opinion...others may disagree....I landed 2 years back and Ontario, especially the Greater Toronto Area has been full of bitter memories for me as an engineer and as a human....Toronto is just inhuman!!! Ontario is good for blue collar jobs but if you are a professional (engineer, doctor, architect, accountant, etc.) try to land in other provinces. People are also nice and helpful in most of the provinces, other than Ontario.
I partially agree with you. The portion I agree with is that Torontonians are not as nice and supportive as other Canadians. Toronto is very competitive. If you want to make money and a career you come to Toronto. Needless to say that the rest of Canada doesn;t really liek people from Toronto.

At the same time, most white collar jobs are still in the GTA. Nonetheless, you might want to try other regions as well. Calgary has very nice surroundings and the landscape is much much nicer than what you'll find in the GTA. Same with Vancouver. Unfortunately, jobs are quite rare....

Sep 2, 2018
Depends on what engineering field you are in... if you are following industry trends this is what you might come to:
- mechanical/industrial/electro-mechanical engineering - best bet will be Alberta (where the oil industry is concentrated around the oil-sands)
- telecommunications, communications, IT-support for communications, IP networks - split between BC and Ontario the big three are now upgrading their networks to the much hyped "4G" (LTE) and this has a cascading effect on the other areas that support these networks (maintenance, support)
- civil engineering - generally where there are building booms now - I hear Manitoba has has high rates of construction over the past few years
Please tell me which has more jobs in canada - electrical engineering or chemical engineering ? in which is it easy to get job as a fresher ?