+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best chance of getting PR

Amyt_SwEng

May 6, 2015
So i have been thinking of immigrating to Canada from India for many years but have not been able to take the plunge due to job/financial and other personal matters. I have decided to finally take the plunge. Will be taking the help of immigration consultants to get through all the paperwork and resume writing etc.

Seeking wisdom from members here on three specific points:
1. What path to take that will brighten my chances to get a PR visa IOW whether i need to pursue any provincial nomination programs or any other route.
2. Is there any chance of getting the PR visa without a job offer?
3.Also, wanted to know which province has the most jobs right now in 2017-18 for IT professionals.
Read some articles online about Waterloo being the silicon valley of Canada but nothing definitive could be concluded.

My background:
Software Test Automation Engineer with 8 yrs. experience
My highest educational qualification is MCA
Good IELTS score obtained in 2016 (>7 per band)
Sibling and parents residing in Canada with sibling being a citizen and parents on PR visas
Can stay with my sibling in Toronto while i search for jobs upto a year or more

I want to be reunited with my family badly but it seems like the doors for immigration are going to be closing soon. Any help here would be much appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to calculate your points under Express Entry in order for us to tell you what chances are of being selected under that program and if that's the best option for you.

Yes - you can get PR without a job offer.

Amyt_SwEng

May 6, 2015
I went to the CIC website and used their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool - Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Points earned:
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 384
Additional points = 0
Grand total = 384

Not good i know...so what options do i have?
Experts please help!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Improve your IELTS score - that's one option.

Amyt_SwEng

May 6, 2015
My IELTS score is in the 7.5 to 9 range. Don't think a perfect score will mean a huge leap as far as the cumulative points are concerned.
So this leaves me with what other options? Provincial nomination? Any other routes?

Amyt_SwEng

May 6, 2015
So no hope for me then?? What about going there as a tourist and then staying back indefinitely and living like a fugitive?
Just kidding.

Experts...help me out here. You guys know best.

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of the ways to improve your CRS score:

1. Do a 2 year Master's course. Alternatively, you can study a course in Canada and take things from there.

2. If you are married, your spouse could take IELTS and an ECA to add additional points to your application.

3. Learn french and write a TEF exam. But this will take you a lot of time and effort to master.

4. Apply for a provincial nomination program (PNP), wherein each province invites applications and if they feel they need your skill set they will nominate your application. This adds 600 points to your application. I am not certain about this, but I think you need a score of at least 400 to qualify for some of these programs.

5. This one's the hardest: Look for a job offer in Canada, with a labor market impact assessment (LMIA) that acknowledges that the Canadian market is having a labor shortage with your skill set and so it is necessary to hire from outside.