+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best area to stay for job search in Toronto?

sb23

Nov 18, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2016
Hi guys, I will be completing my landing procedure in January and will stay in Toronto for a week. I am already in touch with a few recruiters regarding potential job opportunities. But while I am there, I would like to meet with some more recruiters personally and if possible, look up some vacancies and visit some IT firms.

To be able to do that, I am trying to find some accommodation in a convenient area. I won't be driving and will rely on the public transport system to get around.

My question is - can I get some recommendations regarding what would be the best area to stay in Toronto for above mentioned purpose?

Thanks in advance.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
sb23 said:
Hi guys, I will be completing my landing procedure in January and will stay in Toronto for a week. I am already in touch with a few recruiters regarding potential job opportunities. But while I am there, I would like to meet with some more recruiters personally and if possible, look up some vacancies and visit some IT firms.

To be able to do that, I am trying to find some accommodation in a convenient area. I won't be driving and will rely on the public transport system to get around.

My question is - can I get some recommendations regarding what would be the best area to stay in Toronto for above mentioned purpose?

Thanks in advance.
I have to say a week is quite a short period to grab the interest of a recruiter/ potential employer.

Regarding the best place to stay, i would say anywhere near the subway line would work for you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Apart from the fact of securing anything in a week as am sure you may know generally employers want people to be available so until you are actually in the country and not just on a landing trip getting an actual offer might be a challenge. Using the week to get a feel for the employment market is a sound idea but being available is key given employers not likely to wait for someone to return when they may not or at least in the timeframe promised unless someone has very unique skills the employer cannot find anywhere else.

sb23

Nov 18, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2016
emamabd said:
Regarding the best place to stay, i would say anywhere near the subway line would work for you.
Thanks for the tip!

sb23

Nov 18, 2015
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2016
Bs65 said:
Apart from the fact of securing anything in a week as am sure you may know generally employers want people to be available so until you are actually in the country and not just on a landing trip getting an actual offer might be a challenge. Using the week to get a feel for the employment market is a sound idea but being available is key given employers not likely to wait for someone to return when they may not or at least in the timeframe promised unless someone has very unique skills the employer cannot find anywhere else.
Yep, I am aware of that, but I don't want to waste time while I am already there, even if for a short period.

Nov 28, 2016
Hi,

I want to serach the network and computer administration jobs in Toronto. So, want to know that which is the best area to stay in Toronto with respect to job search in the Computer Network Engineer category. I have 5.5 years of experience in system and network administration.