+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best and swift approach in finding a job in Canada?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hi
what is the best way to finding a job in short time ?
I believe that, while hundred of job seekers send online CV , chance of being hired or invitation to interview terribly declined
what can do ?

cinvest2021

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Are you looking for a survival job or qualified one? probably both?
If it is for survival (paying bills and staying afloat financially), go to a shopping mall and handover your CVs walking by the reception / front desk.
Make sure the CV is as light/slim as possible, drop all over-qualifications if you have any. If you have experience in retail, manutention, hospitality sector write it down / emphasize it briefly. Highlight languages skills, interpersonal and organizational skills I suggest.
Use a local phone number not an out of province one especially if you are searching country wide. If you have no experience as to what is required in these sectors, keep an eye on how far the employer does a background check or not. Most of the time these sectors dont. Some do not even care reading the CV's. Then you can round the corners a bit but make sure the provided information does not end up stored in a background check company database in a way or another. As that very same background check company maybe the one that you will be crossing again down the road when you land that qualified dream job and you do not want things to turn awkward. It is a bit paranoid but who knows. Online CV's do not work. Ok they work but on occasions.
Best it to walk by the premisses.

Reactions: santi_marlon

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi
what is the best way to finding a job in short time ?
I believe that, while hundred of job seekers send online CV , chance of being hired or invitation to interview terribly declined
what can do ?
It depends entirely on you...and how well prepared you are to compete in the job market.
Below are the key areas:
1) Knowing what is happening in your professional field, i.e. in demand skills that local employers and looking for, where the skill shortages are and mastering those skills/being able to demonstrate your skillset ( i.e. having well known industry certifications, recent projects that you worked on, training..etc)
2) Your expertise in writing a Canadian style resume, targeting/customizing your resume to each job application...highlighting the key skills that make you a competitive applicant
3) Having great communication skills (by Canadian standards), i.e. able to speak/write clearly, concise messaging, demonstrating confidence..etc
4) The effort you put in networking with potential employers, hiring managers, peers in your industry

Based on how well you can do 1 to 4, your job search can be either 2 weeks, 1 year or anything in between.

My 2 cents is to look for a specialized bridging program in your field that can guide you in all the areas above,