+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Berlin applicants & experts plz help !!!!

TomDick

Oct 23, 2009
Hi all,
My younger brother is oct 2007 applicant of Berlin office.Recently he received docs submission letter from Berlin and is preparing for those.I need to ask are tax papers necessary to be submitted ?My bro is already submitting his job experience letters explaining his job responsibilities,his contract with his employer,past three months salary slips.Are the docs mentioned above are fine or tax docs must be submitted?
Secondly my bro is getting married in Nov 2010 .What do you people recommend should he inform CIC about his marriage plans now or wait till November to get married,have the marriage certificate in his hand and then inform CIC.
Please recommend which is the better option?
Moreover what are the chances that his case could be approved/finalized before November?

thanks

majkla

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is quite possible that his case will be finalized before November. I just went through the process and it took less than 6 months from the date I sent all the required docs.

However, you have some leeway. You can wait till shortly before the deadlines the embassy sets for sending the documents, doing the meds and finally sending the Right of Permanent Residence fee and passports. In my case they set a deadline of 60 days for both completing the meds and sending the fee/passports. You already know what your brother's deadline is for sending the docs. This would most likely allow your brother to draw out the process until after he gets married and enable him to include his future wife in the application in November after the marriage.

You might also consider if your brother and his future wife are living in what the Canadians call a "common-law relationship" already. This would allow your brother to include his future wife immediately.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage

Even if he doesn't manage to include his future wife in his current application he can always sponsor her in the family class once he has arrived in Canada has a permanent resident. However, he has to reside in Canada while sponsoring her while she may have limited access to Canada depending on her nationality and/or status in Europe (since you are applying to Berlin, I assume your currently residing in either Germany or The Netherlands).

The best way however is obviously to get married before November if at all possible ;)

I haven't included any tax papers in my application, just employment contracts and reference letters from my bosses past and present.

Manul999

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
I have also applied to Berlin in Jan 2007.

They asked my documents one year later and I didn't send them any tax declaration at all and it was OK. I sent them just my bank statement (Kontoauszug) and a letter from my boss. He wrote there just where am I working and what I exactly do. And that was fine.

Concenring marriage: Your brother doesn't need to inform about his future plans now. But if he already lives with his girlfriend/fiance for more then 12 months together in the same house under the same address, then he has to write about this, since his girlfriend/fiance will be concedered after that as a "common law partner".

Otherwise he has to inform about his marriage after he will do this in November and if his application still goes on.
When is he going to send all his documents to Berlin?
If his papers will be all right there will be after that also the medical check. After that he can also still inform CIC about his marriage and send them his wedding certificate. But in order to include his spouse in his application, he has to be either married or has been lived with her in a common law relationship at least 12 months before sending his passport to Berlin for issuing his VISA or before going there for his final interview!