+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Benin Republic PCC Required

Charlotte mo

Feb 10, 2018
I have not started processing I stayed more than 6 months cumulatively,but I didn't stay 6 months in a stretch, my first degree was in Benin and I come back to Nigeria after each semester . Do I still need Pcc?

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I have not started processing I stayed more than 6 months cumulatively,but I didn't stay 6 months in a stretch, my first degree was in Benin and I come back to Nigeria after each semester . Do I still need Pcc?
If you never stayed up to 6 months or more in a stretch at any given time in Benin, then you don't need Benin PCC according to the new IRCC PCC requirement.

After filling the Travel history in your e-APR, the section where you need to attach supporting documents will automatically generate a request to upload PCC for your Country of origin and any other countries where you have stayed up to 6 months or more in a stretch.
Hence in e-APR, you won't get a PCC upload request for Benin if your Benin travel history is less than 6 months in a stretch. If this is so for you, then you can proceed with e-APR submission without Benin PCC.

However, even though it's rare, please note that some immigration/case officers may request at a later time during the PR application process for PCC as ADR (Additional Request) from applicants with stay less than 6 months due to reasons known to them.

So I will advise that even if though you submit the e-APR without the need for Benin PCC, still go ahead to obtain the Benin PCC so you have it in hand in case you're asked to submit it at a later time as ADR during the PR process.

This will save you time in case you're asked at a later time to submit!

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
My father worked in Benin for 2 years and now he works in Nigeria. Based on what IRCC says on its website, it looks like only Benin nationals can apply for PCC. Can I assume then they don't need to apply for Benin PCC? They are currently processing his PR application.

Ninokingz

Aug 10, 2020
Good evening everyone. I think what am about to write here will be of help to someone someday. It was from this site i got a hint on how to go about obtaining my Benin Republic PCC. Great thanks to you all. But, there's a significant changes in all that entails in getting the document. As a foreigner, your first point of call should be at the ministry of foreign affairs where you will have to pay for your original birth certificate to be translated. I paid 13,000 CFA for express. After this, it will take the document a day after confirmation of your payment to be ready. When you finally pick your translated birth cert, proceed straight to the tribunal for submission with other relevant backup documents which are your
1. Original passport
2. Your NIN
3. Marriage certificate if your married.
Then, you will pay 1,200 CFA to a point you will be directed to around the tribunal and finally pay a 1000 CFA in the submission spot. All these hectic processes took me 5 about days in Cotonou. And finally, it will take the PCC 3 working days to be ready starting from the day of submission. Once again, great thanks to you all.

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
Good evening everyone. I think what am about to write here will be of help to someone someday. It was from this site i got a hint on how to go about obtaining my Benin Republic PCC. Great thanks to you all. But, there's a significant changes in all that entails in getting the document. As a foreigner, your first point of call should be at the ministry of foreign affairs where you will have to pay for your original birth certificate to be translated. I paid 13,000 CFA for express. After this, it will take the document a day after confirmation of your payment to be ready. When you finally pick your translated birth cert, proceed straight to the tribunal for submission with other relevant backup documents which are your
1. Original passport
2. Your NIN
3. Marriage certificate if your married.
Then, you will pay 1,200 CFA to a point you will be directed to around the tribunal and finally pay a 1000 CFA in the submission spot. All these hectic processes took me 5 about days in Cotonou. And finally, it will take the PCC 3 working days to be ready starting from the day of submission. Once again, great thanks to you all.
Hello,
Please did IRCC accept the PCC you got from the tribunal even though their website states it’s only for Benin citizens?
Was also asked to provide one and I’m trying to get information and be sure i’m doing the right thing. Was not able to find a picture online to compare with either so no idea what it even looks like. Would really appreciate your response