+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Benin Republic PCC Required

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Please does anyone have information on how to obtain Benin Republic PCC.

I'm a Nigerian, worked and lived in Benin Republic for more than 6 months.

I'll appreciate any information regarding this, thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Please does anyone have information on how to obtain Benin Republic PCC.

I'm a Nigerian, worked and lived in Benin Republic for more than 6 months.

I'll appreciate any information regarding this, thanks.
1. No, you don't require one. They are only available to persons born in Benin.

From IRCC

How to obtain a police certificate — Benin
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, police certificates are only available to applicants born in Benin.

How and where do I obtain one?
Benin nationals should apply for an Extrait de casier judiciaire from the Tribunal of their city of birth.

Date modified:
2005-11-01

Reactions: Charlotte mo

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi

1. No, you don't require one. They are only available to persons born in Benin.

From IRCC

How to obtain a police certificate — Benin
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, police certificates are only available to applicants born in Benin.

How and where do I obtain one?
Benin nationals should apply for an Extrait de casier judiciaire from the Tribunal of their city of birth.

Date modified:
2005-11-01
@PMM,
Many thanks for your feedback.
I also saw above information on IRCC's website that Benin PCC is only available to nationals. However, I still contacted a Benin Republic based colleague to help seek information at the Tribunal office and he was given some requirements to obtain the "Extrait de casier judiciaire" (PCC).

This is exactly where my confusion is. IRCC indicated it's only available to Benin nationals but the Tribunal office has indicated otherwise.
Perhaps IRCC doesn't have the latest information regarding PCC from Benin Republic.

So I have decided to proceed with obtaining the PCC, but unfortunately, the public sector civil servants (including Tribunal office staff) are presently on industrial strike as at 9th February 2018. I'm monitoring the situation and as soon as the strike is called off, I will proceed to try and obtain this PCC.

I will certainly give updates on this thread with the outcome so that others can benefit.

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Victor, I also need this information.do you have a response yet ?
@Charlotte mo,

It's quite confusing with contrasting information regarding Benin PCC. IRCC's website indicates it's only available to Benin nationals but my Benin based colleague that made enquires got some requirements for the PCC at the Tribunal's office. Unfortunately, the public sector civil servants (including Tribunal staff) are on industrial strike as at 9th February, 2018. I'm monitoring the situation and as soon as strike is called off I will proceed to get this PCC.

Please note it seems one can only apply in person as the original birth certificate are part of the requirements.

Kindly find below requirements obtained by my colleague:

Benin Republic Police Clearance Certificate:
  • Original of your birth certificate
  • Police Clearance Certificate of your country
  • Passport
  • If your birth certificate is in English you have to translate it at the foreign ministry of Benin
  • If you married, provide your marriage certificate
  • Then you have to mention your profession, your address, and the total number of children that you have.
The Police Clearance Certificate is 700 XOF.

Translation is 12000 XOF per page if you need express service if 24000 XOF I think.

I hope above information is useful.

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@Charlotte mo Industrial strike in government offices was called off on Wednesday 21st Feb. 2018.
You can proceed with your Benin Republic PCC application at the Foreign Ministry in Cotonou.

Find updated requirements:
  • Original of your birth certificate
  • If your birth certificate is in English you have to translate it at the foreign ministry of Benin
  • Police Clearance Certificate of your country
  • Passport
  • Photocopies of Father and Mother's I.D or documents showing their full names.
  • If you married, provide your marriage certificate
  • Then you have to mention your profession, your address, and the total number of children that you have.
Please note below:
1. Originals of Passport and Birth certificate needs to be presented, but will be handed back to you.
2. Make 2 photocopies of all documents
3. Cash is not collected. You will given a slip to take along to bank to pay in about 10,000 CFA and return with a teller.

I hope these help.

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Can someone process this on my behalf or I have to go there?
Yes, someone can process this for you.
The only challenge is that the Foreign Ministry require seeing your Original Birth certificate.
The need to sight the original birth certificate was what prompted me to visit Benin Rep. in person.

Victor88

Nov 15, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Have you gotten your pcc
Yes I got the PCC after 2 weeks of application.
However, it was no longer required for my application since IRCC updated their PCC requirements on February 27, 2018.
I only stayed more than 6 months cumulatively and not in a row (one stretch).

What about you, gotten your PCC?

Did you spend 6 months or more in a row? Or cumulatively?
If 6 months or more in a row, you require PCC; but if cumulatively then PCC is no more required.

Kindly refer to below IRCC program update on February 27, 2018:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-police-certificates.html