+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Benefits of OINP v/s normal EE

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
I'm in a fix with all the little knowledge I have regarding the OINP. We submitted our profile 2-3 days ago and today we got a letter of interest from Ontario for OINP.

We have 472 CRS points and scores are gonna drop sooner or later, no rocket science in that :)

We are a little confused now.. as to go for the OINP or wait for "that" draw? Simple reason being 1500 CAD and we will be bound to stay in Ontario [although its our preferred state, in case, we get a good job there], which might be useless if the qualifying score falls below 472. Am I missing anything here?

Are there any other benefits of the OINP apart from the 600 points? Will it help in any other way?

We have some time to respond to the letter of interest. Request some guidance here.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohansekhri said:
I'm in a fix with all the little knowledge I have regarding the OINP. We submitted our profile 2-3 days ago and today we got a letter of interest from Ontario for OINP.

We have 472 CRS points and scores are gonna drop sooner or later, no rocket science in that :)

We are a little confused now.. as to go for the OINP or wait for "that" draw? Simple reason being 1500 CAD and we will be bound to stay in Ontario [although its our preferred state, in case, we get a good job there], which might be useless if the qualifying score falls below 472. Am I missing anything here?

Are there any other benefits of the OINP apart from the 600 points? Will it help in any other way?

We have some time to respond to the letter of interest. Request some guidance here.
Pros are for people who have lower scores and once you get 600 points, you are sure to grab that precious ITA

Cons are the longer processing time and financial hit of 1500 cad.

Your scores are decent and you can expect ita in near future. Its a calculative risk and only you can pull a trigger in this.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
StAnger said:
Pros are for people who have lower scores and once you get 600 points, you are sure to grab that precious ITA

Cons are the longer processing time and financial hit of 1500 cad.

Your scores are decent and you can expect ita in near future. Its a calculative risk and only you can pull a trigger in this.
Dear friend, what you mean by saying longer processing times? For example, if I apply for Ontario's Nomination and in few days get ITA when luckily the draw is under my score, will the this ITA expire because I had applied for nomination?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
Dear friend, what you mean by saying longer processing times? For example, if I apply for Ontario's Nomination and in few days get ITA when luckily the draw is under my score, will the this ITA expire because I had applied for nomination?
Ontario takes 90 days to issue a nomination and reward you 600 points.

ITA wont expire and you can accept the ITA but you may lose 1500 cad if ontario starts reviewing your application.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
StAnger said:

ITA wont expire and you can accept the ITA but you may lose 1500 cad if ontario starts reviewing your application.
Yeah but both will end up with a likelihood of success, so even if I first get ITA through simple draws I will not be disappointed anyway :) I feel like being safe is worth of 1500$, because who knows whether the lowest benchmark will ever go to 450 again.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
valsanail said:
Yeah but both will end up with a likelihood of success, so even if I first get ITA through simple draws I will not be disappointed anyway :) I feel like being safe is worth of 1500$, because who knows whether the lowest benchmark will ever go to 450 again.
Certainly it will go to 450 but no one is sure when.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rohansekhri said:

I suggest you to wait. 472 is a fantastic score and you most probably would get an ITA in the next couple of draws.

The purpose of a nomination is to increase points to get an ITA. With your score, you can get an ITA without nomination so there's no point going for it.

Good luck and all the best!

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Stanger and rajkamalmohanram.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Yeah with 472 you can expect ITA sooner or later. Not seeing much benefit of spending additional $$$$ for PNP and not to forget processing times for PNP are one of the slowest thats been noticed of late..

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
rohansekhri said:

We are sailing in the same boat bud. Score escalated to 477 this week post completion of 1 yr Canadian exp, and received AOR under NS requesting profile update within 5 days. Didn't see a point going for that hoping for future draws.

Fingers crossed now :)

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
StAnger said:

So, let me understand it more.
1. I re-create my profile today
2. Ontario issues me a nominations in the next 90 days (excluding December)
3. I get the nomination and 600 points so I get an ITA in the next 90 days
4. From the ITA date I get the provincial PR in 6 months (as per the EE rule)

Is my understanding correct?

G.Singh

Dec 31, 2014
^^I guess it should officially take:::::
Excluding Dec/Jan'15 due to holiday season
OINP=90 days max (xcluding any buffer for delays in 'further information' needs)
ITA=15 days min (looking at trend)
PPR=6 months max(provided we apply same day of getting ITA & xcluding any buffer for delays in 'further information' needs)
We might expect the process to complete by mid November/early December next year...LOL (even excluding fact that they might have huge pile of apps in Feb 16 to start working on)

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
StAnger said:
Its a calculative risk and only you can pull a trigger in this.
Good words!

It all depends on your desire to immigrate and your financial situation.
You have pretty good CRS points, but nobody knows what will be tomorrow.
100% it's safer to go both ways simultaneously. Again "only you can pull a trigger in this".

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
So, let me understand it more.
1. I re-create my profile today
2. Ontario issues me a nominations in the next 90 days (excluding December)
3. I get the nomination and 600 points so I get an ITA in the next 90 days
4. From the ITA date I get the provincial PR in 6 months (as per the EE rule)

Is my understanding correct?
Partly correct.

Between Point 1 and 2, there is Point 1A and 1B.

1A. Ontario takes a finite amount of time (1 day/1 week) to send you an invitation after you've recreated your profile.

1B. After receiving the invitation, you have 45 days to send in all your documents to Ontario so that they can process the same and send you a nomination.