+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bellaluna, Asivad...please help-OINP vs. NSNP nomination

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors, please advise...
I had applied to NSNP way back in February and received AOR from them only in September. In the meantime, received PT from Ontario in June , however since no communication from NSNP, not even AOR, didn't declare in my application form to OINP about NSNP application. Later received nomination from NSNP in October and emailed OINP about NSNP nomination.
I am now in a dilemma, whether to accept NSNP nomination or reject and wait for OINP's decision. My question is this, is there a chance that OINP may reject my application as I hadn't declared NSNP application in my OINP application form (please note that I hadn't received AOR yet from NSNP and had no clue if my file would even be opened or returned?) Will they construe this as misrepresentation?
My status with OINP is that I received a call from an OINP officer in October who asked for additional documents (bank ac statements) which I have emailed. During the call, he didn't ask about NS nomination, although I had already emailed them about it, although I got the impression that for some reason the email hadn't been forwarded to him. Post the call, I resent the email, highlighting the fact that I had received a nomination from NS and asking for OINP status, to which I received a standard response to wait for 2-3 weeks as my file was in queue. My other issue is that my CRS score dropped from 431 in June when I received a PT to 403 recently (when I included my husband in my application)...still above the 400 qualifying score for OINP..but lower than the 431 when my PT was received. Will this have any effect on my application?
What should I do? Go ahead with NSNP nomination which expires in 2 days? Or hope for an OINP nomination which may not even happen. Many people have said that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, but I would really prefer being in Ontario.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Is your Nova Scotia nomination still pending in your MyCIC account? That may be one reason Ontario has not nominated you yet, since they're unable to issue your electronic nomination. You cannot have more than one PT nomination pending in your MyCIC account. The previous nomination has to be rejected or expired for other provinces or territories to access your profile.

Here is the link on the CIC website explaining that situation, under the header "Province and territory nominations via Express Entry":
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp

As long as you're over 400, you're fine for OINP.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Is your Nova Scotia nomination still pending in your MyCIC account? That may be one reason Ontario has not nominated you yet, since they're unable to issue your electronic nomination. You cannot have more than one PT nomination pending in your MyCIC account. The previous nomination has to be rejected or expired for other provinces or territories to access your profile.

Here is the link on the CIC website explaining that situation, under the header "Province and territory nominations via Express Entry":
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp

As long as you're over 400, you're fine for OINP.
Yes, still pending. My question is though is could my situation with NS, be a cause for rejection by OINP?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Actually, I was in a similar situation to yours, which I also informed OINP about directly in the application form, but I got my ON nomination. I declined another nomination before that.

It's definitely risky though to reject the NS nomination because OINP hasn't replied to you yet. In my own case, it was a risk I was willing to take because I knew I proved ties to ON. I don't know if you've done the same, so your mileage may vary.

I can't make any guarantees because I'm sure we're judged on a case to case basis, but I hope sharing my own similar case will ease your worries a bit.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Actually, I was in a similar situation to yours, which I also informed OINP about directly in the application form, but I got my ON nomination. I declined another nomination before that.

It's definitely risky though to reject the NS nomination because OINP hasn't replied to you yet. In my own case, it was a risk I was willing to take because I knew I proved ties to ON. I don't know if you've done the same, so your mileage may vary.

I can't make any guarantees because I'm sure we're judged on a case to case basis, but I hope sharing my own similar case will ease your worries a bit.
+1 to you Bella..many thanks for your input

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada

so i studied in ontario for 2 years. what kind of job offer do i require to get OINP nomination. How did you ask the employer that you need information for immigration purposes? how did you convince them? what did the job offer look like?