+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beirut Visa office and immegration to Quebec

as2013

Mar 8, 2013
Dear,

I have been selected to have residency in Quebec on June 2010.When I have applied for Visa in Damascus office at July 2010, the processing time was 12 months. From that time, I am waiting and on February 22, 2012, my file was transferred to Beirut office as per the notification on the CIC web. Now, every time, the processing time is getting extended and it reached 36 months. I am about to complete 33 months waiting the visa and according to the selection letter, it is valid only for 36 months? What will happen if the time will pass and no visa, shall I have to repeat everything from the beginning? Please advise

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
i would suggest that you order your GCMS notes to see what may be holding up your file, any status updates on ecas? send a case specific enquiry from the cic website in regards to your file, letting them know that the CSQ certificate which was issued by MICC is expriring since it has taken close to 3 years. also contact MICC to let them know that the application is still pending and the VO hasn't made a decision yet but your CSQ certificate will be expiring soon.

can you provide more details and look at the threads specific to your request, family sponsorship? fsw? cec? etc. you would probably find more information there than in this general thread.

as2013

Mar 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have sent to Beirut visa office :re-berut.im-permanentresidence@international.gc.ca, on November, 2012, and they replied me that my application is in queue for assessment by an officer. then, I sent them last month telling them the my letter of selection is about to be expired but no reply till now.

Any how, thanks for your reply and I will try to follow the mentioned steps.

as2013

Mar 8, 2013
Hello All,

I have received a message from someone who might have the same issue. To answer your query, I have asked a very good consultant and he advised me that the CSQ will be renewed automatically. But nothing officially received yet from the above mentioned office.

Hope I answered you

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
as2013 said:
Dear,

I have been selected to have residency in Quebec on June 2010.When I have applied for Visa in Damascus office at July 2010, the processing time was 12 months. From that time, I am waiting and on February 22, 2012, my file was transferred to Beirut office as per the notification on the CIC web. Now, every time, the processing time is getting extended and it reached 36 months. I am about to complete 33 months waiting the visa and according to the selection letter, it is valid only for 36 months? What will happen if the time will pass and no visa, shall I have to repeat everything from the beginning? Please advise
I've never heard of them ever backdating a visa. So it should start from the day it's approved. The thing I note, when I read all these posts and listen to so many people, CIC is the wild west of bureaucracy. They are all over the map. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for what they do. Worse yet, they don't appear to be accountable to anyone.