+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Being let go while waiting for PR

Thuongng

Feb 28, 2018
Hello! I was just let go from my current job and I’m still waiting for my PR. I applied for CEC in May 2021, which I claimed 2 years of work experience and a valid job offer.
I have not found a new job yet. My score is well above the cut off points even without the valid job offer.
Please let me know if I need to inform Immigration office immediately regards to my laid off? Also, will this affect my application? Thank you for your time.

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
@Thuongng it doesn’t matter if you are not working on the same company. You profile got freeze and your score is secure on the actual DATE of your ITA. So your two years of experience are until May 2021. Wherever that happens after that date it doesn’t matter. The only notification you do to IRCC is if you get married or have a children or move to another address. Just find a new job while waiting for PR and thats it

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello! I was just let go from my current job and I’m still waiting for my PR. I applied for CEC in May 2021, which I claimed 2 years of work experience and a valid job offer.
I have not found a new job yet. My score is well above the cut off points even without the valid job offer.
Please let me know if I need to inform Immigration office immediately regards to my laid off? Also, will this affect my application? Thank you for your time.
How did you claim points for arranged employment. Did you have a valid LMIA plus a letter from the employer stating you'd be employed for at least one year from when you become a PR? If so, was this with the company that laid you off?

If that is they case you should inform IRCC that you will no longer be working for your employer, they should deduct the 50 points. If you still make the cutoff then nothing will happen.

Regarding being employed, it doesn't matter as you can be unemployed. CEC applications are based on past employment not in current employment.

Reactions: 11CECapp