+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beginning to start my PR application, with lots of red flags - help!!!

BettyLoo

Jan 28, 2018
Lots to read so I thank you in advance, I really need help.

I'm a UK citizen and met my guy (Canadian citizen) at the keg while I was on holiday in Canada with my friend. (met him January 28th 2015)
We started talking and met a few times while I was still on holiday with my friend, and I actually ended up staying a couple weeks more and we just hung out and he showed me around Alberta. We hit it off immediately.
I went back to Europe and we continued to talk, video calls, texts, all day, everyday.
In May 2015 I came to Canada and we took a one week road trip and I went back to Europe again.
Beginning July 2015 I came back to Canada and stayed with him, living at his apartment, which should off been two weeks but we had a little problem and I stayed longer. Within this time he introduced me to his parents, sister and other brother. On August 11th 2015 we got married. I ended up staying until about 20th November 2015. And then went back to Europe.
Around 18th December 2015 - I was back in Canada with him and spent Christmas with his parents. I stayed with him until around beginning February 2016, and then back to Europe.
Around June 4th 2016 I was back with him in Canada and stayed about three months.
Returned to Europe.
December 16th 2016, traveled to Canada to be with him again. And spent holidays with his parents again.
Around beginning March 2017 - back to Europe.
28th May 2017 - to Canada again to be with him.
Middle September 2017 went back to Europe.
December 18th 2017 came back to Canada... every time we was apart it was getting harder and harder (work schedules, being tired, missing one another, time differences etc) so while I came back now we've made the decision to be together permanently in Canada and go in for sponsorship.
We've got extremely close within the time we've spent together. And although we've spent a lot of time apart - we've also spent a lot of time together.
We talk all day everyday, but mainly through messages. Of course we haven't kept everything from the beginning (chats, video calls logs etc) but we do have lots of pictures, cards, flowers, travel tickets, trips, hotels, restaurants - we do a lot. but we may not always take photos of the events - what proof do I need? The photos I provide for proof, must we both be in the picture? Or can it just be (for example) we had a four day camping trip at a private lake so we took many photos but we're both not in every single one. Should I send all of these?

Because we decided to make this big step only six weeks ago, a few days a go when I was printing off WhatsApp messages I noticed they didn't go too far back. Over the times he's deleted them clearing up space on his phone, I think they started from November 2017. (and neither one of us backs up our messages as we've never needed to) We wouldn't normally send emails as we would always call, text or video call.
I know for sure I had a lot on a phone which got stolen and although the police officer got my phone back it has been totally wiped. Should I provide this information? and crime reference number?

So all my concerns...
I was an exotic dancer for eight years and haven't lived in a permanent place since then as I've literally travelled and been in hotels, short rental apartments, resorts all throughout Europe... how do I go about address history?
And how do I go about all my travel history dates, Europe boarders don't ever stamp my passport and most of the time neither did Canada - How can I get all this information? Because I definitely can't say exactly where I was - I can only give rough estimates from facebook pictures.

My facebook... it's rather provocative. It doesn't mention my husband at all. Although there are two pictures of him and I together on there. He doesn't have facebook or any other social media. All my social media is for my work so of course I can't be mentioning my husband. It was mainly for club promotion etc. My lawyer told me to delete this, which I will now, but can my pictures/ facebook/ instagram still be found?
(I only saw a lawyer for a consultation, I really don't wish to use one for a PR application if I can do it myself)

And I know my chosen path is already a red flag, I've now quit and started buying supplies & furniture to start my own salon - would this help proving my commitment? And to not want to come to Canada to strip or continue to strip?

My guy never travelled to me... being an exotic dancer I have zero work schedules and chose when I wanted to work, I had a lot of spare cash which meant I could spend lot's more time with him coming into Canada then him coming to me for a short week or two. Also he was in and out of work every 2/3 months so even though we spoke about him coming to Europe and we could do a trip - it was never actually possible because work was never guaranteed longer then two months and then when he saved up money, he would then be out of work for 2/3 months. So we never did it. Is this going to be a problem?

Our marriage was extremely quick, even though we spent all day everyday talking and having video calls. And because it was so quick, we didn't have a ceremony, his parents found out afterwards. His brother was a witness and my friend was a witness. We had intended to do a ceremony at a later date but because of his work contracts and being laid off (oil worker) he never had too much money to be saving in-between being out of work, his money would be to pay for his bills, and my money would be paying for us to be together for months and paying for living and weekend trips or sometimes helping with his bills. Now we're at a point, he's in a good stable job, and I have small savings but we're just not interested. We would much rather put a down deposit on a house which is what we're starting to look into. Later on we would like a real ceremony but definitely now we want to focus on myself being in Canada permanently, setting up work, getting another car, buying a home together. Marriage is at the bottom of the list.
Would this be a concern too, not ever having a ceremony?
And we have zero photos because we only went to sign the papers with intentions of doing a ceremony a few months later, also could it be a problem?

I also don't have contact with any of my family, I have told my guy this quite brief and it's also something I don't wish to sit down and go into detail about, if we had an interview and I imagine this would be brought up, would this go against us? Because I don't want to ever have to sit down and go into details about this.
There's certain things everyone don't wish to share.

Another thing which worries me, he doesn't have many friends. He has about five friends, I've met two (one he doesn't speak to anymore) He mainly hangs out with his brothers. But when I'm in Canada it's always just him and I.
He's only ever met my friends via video calls and of course with my job I have a large amount of friends across Europe but none that are very close, it's all mainly work friends. None that I would want to mention on my PR application (maybe only two close friends) More problems?

While being in Canada for months, would it look like I've been illegal working? I have never worked illegally in Canada but could they assume this? I do have statements that I was spending my own money from my UK bank card and I do usually bring in a bunch of money which I always declare at the boarder merely because it's better than having transaction fees abroad. And my job is cash. So when I finish working for a few months when I'm away - I usually just come to Canada with what I've made.

In 2011 I had a one year work visa in Canada, I met a guy and was also in and out of Canada and he came to visit me. It didn't last long and we broke up within two years.
But I imagine they can see this on my passport and if I explain 'why' I was in & out of Canada - would they think this is what I was trying to do before (marriage for PR)

How can I print off iMessages?

What else could go against me? What else could i do to prove our marriage is real?
My marriage is legit, and although I was an exotic dancer (which already comes with lots of frowns and red flags) I'm definitely not trying to use my guy for PR or a fake marriage. I just want some help putting together my pack and helping to prove our relationship and marriage is real.
I plan to go into great detail when filling out our application pack (like the points here^^^)

What other proof could I give?
Tenancy/proof of living together?
Joint bank account?
Pictures of presents?
We have pictures from day one but not messages.
Bank statements/receipts for meals, cinema, hotels, trip, RV rentals?
Flowers he sends me while I'm away (pictures and bank statement?
Engagement & Wedding ring receipts? Pictures?
We just bought a dog together, also proof?

Also leads me onto my next topic.
I would like to start working in Canada. I want to sell my own brand of eyelashes & hair extensions (which I actually already have and have been working on for months prior to starting our PR application pack) and installing hair extensions (mobile and home based) and later down the line open a salon.
I want to focus on starting a life here to be with my guy so how could I go about getting a work visa so I could sell my eyelashes & extensions and install hair extensions while putting together our PR application. I know later I can apply for an open work permit (how long after I send off our PR application can I apply for this?)
But what can I do in the mean time to sell and work? Can I get a visa that allows me to do this? It kills me to think I would have to wait for months to get together my pack and get an open work visa. I wouldn't want to put that on my guy either.

Please no negativity, or rude comments. We're all on here to help and advise one another.
Thank you for all your time reading.
Love, Hope & Happiness :)

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Download the document checklist and the full guide off of the cic website. Many of your questions will be answered in that. They don't want to see pictures of you by yourself posing by a lake. A picture of you with his brothers though would be good as well as letters from them confirming your relationship. You should have your flight bookings in your emails so just print those off to show your visits, that's all I did. Plus, they are immigration, they would be able to see everywhere youve gone, they still want you to show it though. They won't assume you were working if you never worked and you didn't over stay. They would never have let you in again as a visitor if they thought you were doing that. They will also not care if you had a boyfriend in Canada previously? Just don't lie about anything. These people including the people at the border are highly trained to catch out people that are full of it. From what I scanned through you havn't done anything wrong so there is no reason to lie. The list near the end you made of proof of relationship, all of that is good to include, just stick to the maximums in the checklist.

As for a visa, check if you are eligible for an IEC visa. It varies country to country so use some google to see if youre eligible. Unless you have a HEAP of cash to invest in Canada though, if youre not eligible for an IEC visa you will just have to wait it out.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi, I personally don’t think that you have much of red flags since you guys are married since 2015, you travelled to visit your husband lots and met his family. You will have to explain how come neither of your parents attended the wedding but you can explain it that you wanted to have a bigger ceremony later or maybe that you just didn’t feel like having a big ceremony and you found it more romantic to have just a couple people as witnesses...it can be easily explained since you both are from western cultures and it’s pretty common to have small weddings over there. Just make sure you include all the proofs on how many times you traveled to visit your husband, receipts from hotels where you stayed together before and after wedding, maybe his or your parents and friends could write letters of support or maybe you listed each other as beneficiary in any insurance policy....Regarding the pictures and chat logs...remember that your only allowed submit up to 10 pages of your communication proofs and up to 20 photos so choose quality over quantity. Try choosing pics from different years and places to show the progression of your relationship or maybe you have any pictures with your husbands family. They want to see pics of you and your husband together on the picture so don’t send pictures of just yourself. Regarding your job I don’t think it would be a problem and I don’t think that they would search your Facebook page and even if they did there’s nothing criminal in your job so it shouldn’t be a problem.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
  • what proof do I need? The photos I provide for proof, must we both be in the picture? Or can it just be (for example) we had a four day camping trip at a private lake so we took many photos but we're both not in every single one. Should I send all of these?
  • We wouldn't normally send emails as we would always call, text or video call.
    I know for sure I had a lot on a phone which got stolen and although the police officer got my phone back it has been totally wiped. Should I provide this information? and crime reference number?
  • I was an exotic dancer for eight years and haven't lived in a permanent place since then as I've literally travelled and been in hotels, short rental apartments, resorts all throughout Europe... how do I go about address history?
  • My facebook... it's rather provocative.
  • And I know my chosen path is already a red flag, I've now quit and started buying supplies & furniture to start my own salon - would this help proving my commitment? And to not want to come to Canada to strip or continue to strip?
  • My guy never travelled to me...
  • Our marriage was extremely quick....Would this be a concern too, not ever having a ceremony?
    And we have zero photos because we only went to sign the papers with intentions of doing a ceremony a few months later, also could it be a problem?
  • I also don't have contact with any of my family
  • Another thing which worries me, he doesn't have many friends. More problems?
  • While being in Canada for months, would it look like I've been illegal working?
  • In 2011 I had a one year work visa in Canada, I met a guy and was also in and out of Canada and he came to visit me. It didn't last long and we broke up within two years.
  • How can I print off iMessages?
  • What other proof could I give?
  • But what can I do in the mean time to sell and work? Can I get a visa that allows me to do this? It kills me to think I would have to wait for months to get together my pack and get an open work visa. I wouldn't want to put that on my guy either.
Your post was a bit difficult to read and full of lots of unneeded information. I've condensed it down and made it much easier to respond to in my reply. Basically, you are freaking out for no reason. You really don't have red flags.

You can only send 20 pictures, so no, don't send them all.

You can mention the stolen phone in explaining why you don't have older messages. No point in including the crime reference number.

You need to detail your address history as much as possible. At the very least, you should have the city and country. You can explain on a separate sheet why there are gaps.

You can make your Facebook completely private instead of deleting it. Either way, not an issue.

Your profession is irrelevant.

Him not travelling to you is not an issue.

A small civil wedding is not an issue. You will just need to explain why no parents were there and why no photos.

You have little chance of an interview. You don't need to go into detail about non-contact with your family. A simple letter stating that is fine.

Having friends is not a requirement for sponsorship....

No, they will not think you have been working in Canada.

The previous boyfriend is irrelevant and won't even come up in the app.

No idea about iMessages. Google.

For required proofs, just follow the checklist.

If you apply inland, you can apply for an OWP. It takes about 3-4 months to arrive.

BettyLoo

Jan 28, 2018
Thank you for your message & taking the time to read this :)
Did you get accepted? Have an interview? Maybe you can share your experience?
This is what I’m most afraid off - the interview. I want to avoid this at all costs (like everyone) not that I have anything to hide but it’s just a nervous thing. I even get scared going through passport control in my own country, haha!

I’m not even sure if I have any (or maybe a couple) flight details emails. I’m such a neat freak with my emails, texts, photos etc. I guess I never expected I would be ever needing to print off all the information.
If I don’t, do you think bank statement proof would be enough? And then linking the photos I have of us to these dates?
Regarding the photos - do they need to have dates on them from the phone? Or can I write dates and brief discription?

Yeah the only time I worked in Canada was in 2011 and this was with a work visa. So I was worried incase they think this. I wouldn’t want any red flags put on my passport.
And this was the time I had a boyfriend and shortly after my work visa expired he broke up because of too much travel.
I think I didn’t go back to Canada for maybe 3 years which is when I met my husband now.
I guess I’m just over thinking all of it.

Yeah I think I have everything on the checklist. I’m thinking of as much proof as possible.
Do you have any other suggestions/ideas to prove? Thinking outside the box.

Again thank you so much for your time :)

BettyLoo

Jan 28, 2018
Hi, I personally don’t think that you have much of red flags since you guys are married since 2015, you travelled to visit your husband lots and met his family. You will have to explain how come neither of your parents attended the wedding but you can explain it that you wanted to have a bigger ceremony later or maybe that you just didn’t feel like having a big ceremony and you found it more romantic to have just a couple people as witnesses...it can be easily explained since you both are from western cultures and it’s pretty common to have small weddings over there. Just make sure you include all the proofs on how many times you traveled to visit your husband, receipts from hotels where you stayed together before and after wedding, maybe his or your parents and friends could write letters of support or maybe you listed each other as beneficiary in any insurance policy....Regarding the pictures and chat logs...remember that your only allowed submit up to 10 pages of your communication proofs and up to 20 photos so choose quality over quantity. Try choosing pics from different years and places to show the progression of your relationship or maybe you have any pictures with your husbands family. They want to see pics of you and your husband together on the picture so don’t send pictures of just yourself. Regarding your job I don’t think it would be a problem and I don’t think that they would search your Facebook page and even if they did there’s nothing criminal in your job so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I actually wasn’t aware I could only send 20 photos and 10 pages of chats. I must of missed reading this in the application pack.
Although I did read an article of a woman who sent in over 200+ photos, 100+ chat logs, cards etc. And still got asked for more proof two times, She got this published in the newspaper and the response from immigration was - the package didn’t arrive.
Anyway - is this like an absolute maximum and they will send the application back to you if there is more than 20 photos and 10 chat log pages?
Or it is still ok to send lots more than this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your message & taking the time to read this :)
Did you get accepted? Have an interview? Maybe you can share your experience?
This is what I’m most afraid off - the interview. I want to avoid this at all costs (like everyone) not that I have anything to hide but it’s just a nervous thing. I even get scared going through passport control in my own country, haha!

I’m not even sure if I have any (or maybe a couple) flight details emails. I’m such a neat freak with my emails, texts, photos etc. I guess I never expected I would be ever needing to print off all the information.
If I don’t, do you think bank statement proof would be enough? And then linking the photos I have of us to these dates?
Regarding the photos - do they need to have dates on them from the phone? Or can I write dates and brief discription?

Yeah the only time I worked in Canada was in 2011 and this was with a work visa. So I was worried incase they think this. I wouldn’t want any red flags put on my passport.
And this was the time I had a boyfriend and shortly after my work visa expired he broke up because of too much travel.
I think I didn’t go back to Canada for maybe 3 years which is when I met my husband now.
I guess I’m just over thinking all of it.

Yeah I think I have everything on the checklist. I’m thinking of as much proof as possible.
Do you have any other suggestions/ideas to prove? Thinking outside the box.

Again thank you so much for your time :)
You have little chance of being called for an interview. You are not a Marriage of Convenience risk.

If you can't show flight info, then show the ticket purchase; you don't need to then somehow link those dates to your photos. Photo requirements are stated in the checklist/guide.

Don't overthink it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I actually wasn’t aware I could only send 20 photos and 10 pages of chats. I must of missed reading this in the application pack.
Although I did read an article of a woman who sent in over 200+ photos, 100+ chat logs, cards etc. And still got asked for more proof two times, She got this published in the newspaper and the response from immigration was - the package didn’t arrive.
Anyway - is this like an absolute maximum and they will send the application back to you if there is more than 20 photos and 10 chat log pages?
You need to read the checklist very carefully.

Prior to Dec 2016, there were no limitations on the amount of proofs that could be sent. IRCC got tired of receiving apps with a ridiculous amount of useless stuff that they had shred and dispose of, so they imposed limits.

Follow the instructions.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Pick out those photos which represent something, or show something specific, something meaningful. A trip maybe?

Focus on quality, not quantity.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
If you can’t show your flights info maybe you have stamps in your passport from each time you entered Canada? You could send a copy of those passport pages and it would work as a proof too.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
No they won’t send your app back to you if you submit more than 20 photos but it could slow down the process for your app and basically would just annoy the officer who’s reviewing your case because they don’t like it when people don’t follow their instructions and they made it pretty clear and bold that they only wanted to see 20 pics maximum. When my husband contacted CIC call Center the agent strongly recommended him to not go over the limit that they put on the checklist because it was basically going to slow down the whole process. If they would want to see more photos they will ask for them later on and you could upload them through your account so it’s not a problem.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think the only concern will be getting Police records for countries that you have lived/stayed for over 6 months.
"You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."
I hope you keep track of your travel history (country and month year) and if you never stayed very long for the countries that you worked. Then this isn't really a problem.