+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beginning of the FSTP APplication ?????

Nuckynoo

Aug 12, 2013
Hi guys

I have done a lot of research on the net and I get so much conflicting information :eek: I have so many questions to ask so I am going to post a couple of them below , if anyone can give me advice it would be very welcome thanks

1. Am I correct in saying that before we submit our application under the Federal Skilled Trade Programme that I need to secure a job in order for our application to continue? And if this is the case and the application process takes 24 months, that job offer would expire and we would be back to square one ....?

2. I am applying under FSTP as a qualified gas Safe Plumber / gas fitter here in the UK, I have all the valid UK certificates etc and I am interested in moving to Alberta , do I have to travel to this province to sit the Red Seal exam ? Or is this exam for Canadian citizens only ? How can I get my qualifications recognised in Alberta ?

Kind Regards

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Naveen Padmanabhan said:
hello bud,
I have no idea whats going on with the fstp program :( I also wanna apply but I cant see anyway to get an offer letter
FSTP is not quite popular in this thread. I also have some confusion regarding FSTP. Can anyone give the list of occupaision for FSTP and the link in CIC website please.

Nuckynoo

Aug 12, 2013
hi Guys

I have made contact with the province of Alberta direct who have advised us to complete Qualification Certificate Program Application form , apparently we send photocopies of our certificates/qualifications here in the UK to them along with $60 and if successful they send back some kind of permit so that you may find an employer in the state of Alberta so we can secure a job offer .

There exact response was -

We can not take the Red Seal exam in Canada ! You must qualify through the attached application form Qualification Program Application, once approved find and employer, work in the trade for eg Plumber , provide a declaration letter then we will be able to challenge the Red Seal Exam, if success full you can then obtain Permanent Residency .... CONFUSED ?? We are .

W e will be completing the application and sending off the fee and we will post here again when we are any wiser ha ha ha ha :'(

Naomi x

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nuckynoo said:
hi Guys

We can not take the Red Seal exam in Canada ! You must qualify through the attached application form Qualification Program Application, once approved find and employer, work in the trade for eg Plumber , provide a declaration letter then we will be able to challenge the Red Seal Exam, if success full you can then obtain Permanent Residency .... CONFUSED ?? We are .
This doesn't apply to all the provinces. I've contacted all of them in March and the reply was the same - you can not take the test since you are not a Canadian or US citizen. But, in the mail from British Columbia's association they've mentioned that they might revise Id requirements so I contacted them in May/June and they answered that it is posible to sit the exam with the foreign passport now. When you obtain that certificate (if you pass the exam) it is automatically red seal (if it is a red seal occupation, of course) and you can work with it throughout Canada (I'm not 100% sure about this last part).

ramyfathalla

Jan 20, 2010
Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 September 2015
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
3 september 2015
AOR Received.
3 December 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016
Med's Done....
4 February 2016, M Rvd on e case 10 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
19 June 2017
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2017
LANDED..........
Not yet
All of you are right ................

There are a big conflict in this program and I'll tell you what's happened with me since Jan 2013.

- I submit my application to the Apprenticeship of Manitoba on March 2013

- I sent all my qualifications and I paid $100 for assessing
- In May 2013 I got the approval to wright the exam in Winnipeg Manitoba
- I paid $250 and scheduled the exam
- I submit an application to the Canadian embassy to get a TVR (visitor visa) in June 2013
- I got a refused from embassy because I am not Canadian or PR to write the exam and the officer of the embassy is not convinced

I think there are a big conflicts in this system since they give approves to people to write the exam and at the same time they refused to allow to the applicants to do so.

Nuckynoo

Aug 12, 2013
Hi

Ramyfathalla

I am originally from Portsaid Egypt , I noticed your Egyptian flag. :)

I currently reside in Manchester UK and want to live and work in Canada.

My wife and I are going to take our IELTS Exam tomorrow inshallah we will get the mark they need, let me know how you get on

Regards Mo

Nuckynoo

Aug 12, 2013
Nuckynoo said:
Hi

Ramyfathalla

My wife and I are going to take our IELTS Exam tomorrow inshallah we will get the mark they need, let me know how you get on

Regards Mo
ramyfathalla said:
All of you are right ................

There are a big conflict in this program and I'll tell you what's happened with me since Jan 2013.

- I submit my application to the Apprenticeship of Manitoba on March 2013

- I sent all my qualifications and I paid $100 for assessing
- In May 2013 I got the approval to wright the exam in Winnipeg Manitoba
- I paid $250 and scheduled the exam
- I submit an application to the Canadian embassy to get a TVR (visitor visa) in June 2013
- I got a refused from embassy because I am not Canadian or PR to write the exam and the officer of the embassy is not convinced

I think there are a big conflicts in this system since they give approves to people to write the exam and at the same time they refused to allow to the applicants to do so.

ramyfathalla

Jan 20, 2010
Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 September 2015
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
3 september 2015
AOR Received.
3 December 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016
Med's Done....
4 February 2016, M Rvd on e case 10 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
19 June 2017
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2017
LANDED..........
Not yet
Nuckynoo said:
Hi

Ramyfathalla

Regards Mo
Hello My Br.

Nice to meet you here and hope to you all the best.

Firstly, your wife don't need to take the exam under this program (FSTP) as the official website says but it's not bad and may it will benefit your application.

Secondly, you need a certificate of qualification to submit your application or you need an LMO and job offer.

The certificate of qualification need to write the exam physically in Canada and I think it's not difficult to get TVR since you are in UK.

You should have experiences in your job and submit all your qualifications to any province you choose.

you will find all the information you need about each province in the CIC's website.

Finally, God with you and your wife to fulfill your dream, any question I am ready to answer.

rakeshjadu

Mar 29, 2014
FSTP

I suggest not to attempt FSTP as it is aimed at people who are already in Canada without any status/temporary Foreign worker/ General applicants within Canada with job offer / returning applicants who left Canada after obtaining a trade certificate from Province ETC. may be more combinations

Hope you apply FSW with proper planning don't waste your money and time
Also after getting COQ no guarantee to get a Job

Thanks

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
hi all,

I have also applied under FSTP. I haven't got any information regarding it from anywhere. But now I am advised to go to Canada on visitor visa to attempt Red Seal exam and I am also told that if I'll clear this exam then I'll be eligible to work in Canada and also I don't need to come back as I can apply to change my visa status within being in Canada.

I want to ask other members that is this info is correct ?? is it possible to change my visa status ??

Oct 14, 2018
Hello My Br.

Firstly, your wife don't need to take the exam under this program (FSTP) as the official website says but it's not bad and may it will benefit your application.

Secondly, you need a certificate of qualification to submit your application or you need an LMO and job offer.

The certificate of qualification need to write the exam physically in Canada and I think it's not difficult to get TVR since you are in UK.

You should have experiences in your job and submit all your qualifications to any province you choose.

you will find all the information you need about each province in the CIC's website.

Finally, God with you and your wife to fulfill your dream, any question I am ready to answer.
I want to ask can we apply with family
On FSTP base
Means if my husband apply under FsSTP
Can we apply with family or he will apply alone for visa we have 3 children under5

Oct 14, 2018
Hello My Br.

I want to ask can we apply with family
On FSTP base
Means if my husband apply under FsSTP
Can we apply with family or he will apply alone for visa we have 3 children under5