+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beginners question on how to get started

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018
my wife is from Philippines I'm Canadian citizen living in Canada

We were just married and wanting to start our application. I've 100s of threads here and cic website and am still confused on where to start

We haven't decided if we want help or not but probably will do application ourselves. I know theres several applications ones for principal and one for myself the sponsor

So do we both have to make an account on cic website? Where is the official application package how can we coordinate emails back and forth especially if we decide to get outside help I realize there can only be one email cic uses to communicate

Can someone dumb down the process for me step by step to know where I should start. Like step 1 download thse documents step 2 sign up for account etc

Does she need an account too? Or just myself

Theres so much information and I'm scared of messing it up before I even get started

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
my wife is from Philippines I'm Canadian citizen living in Canada

We were just married and wanting to start our application. I've 100s of threads here and cic website and am still confused on where to start

We haven't decided if we want help or not but probably will do application ourselves. I know theres several applications ones for principal and one for myself the sponsor

So do we both have to make an account on cic website? Where is the official application package how can we coordinate emails back and forth especially if we decide to get outside help I realize there can only be one email cic uses to communicate

Can someone dumb down the process for me step by step to know where I should start. Like step 1 download thse documents step 2 sign up for account etc

Does she need an account too? Or just myself

Theres so much information and I'm scared of messing it up before I even get started
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Reactions: CanadianCitizen314

CanadianCitizen314

Mar 12, 2018

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks
I printed off checklist

Still confused will I be one submitting all the forms including my wife's birth cert etc

How will I upload them to application if they all need to be originals and shes in Philippines?
You need to read the guide. You can't upload anything. The app must be mailed. Either of you can mail it. You will need to mail documents to each other.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Please read the guide first before you do anything else. If you still think that you can apply online, you didn't understand how to apply.
Currently Spousal applications are all paper based and need to be physically printed out and some of them signed. The completed package needs to be mailed out in 1 application package.

Reactions: CanadianCitizen314