+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Before study permit experies

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Hey there
As I finished my studies before the expery date of my study permit which is still valid till Nov 2016.Hence my Off campus permit is also valid till Nov but I graduted in June 2015 and I did applied for my PGWP after gradution.I waited for 6months to get my PGWP during that time I work full time which I gonna use towards CEC.

Just wanna make sure if that period of 6 months is valid because I read in forum today that one of the guy got refused having same situation.In his case VO said that he cant use that because he was a student but in actuall he was not.

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Here is the link
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-
forums/canadian-experience-class/1004533733/january-2012-cec-application-refused

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Unfortunately you cannot use your experience under Student Permit, just after PGWP issue date.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=377&top=29

You are not eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class if you gained your work experience:
while on a student work permit (co-op, off-campus, or on-campus).
Just wait until have a little bit more than one year working on NOC B, A or 0, after PGWP issue.

Keep an eye open for PNP graduated programs, perhaps you can apply through some PNP program, before wait 1 year for CEC.

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
You can use experience after your graduation and I was graduated when I started full time.Anyhow my concern is not about that I wanna figure out whether that "experiation" things really works

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
harpreet ss said:
You can use experience after your graduation and I was graduated when I started full time.
For inmigration purposes you have a student permit until get a PGWP, your implied status time is an "extension" of your student permit.

Just, please, read carefully upper link contain.

Your work experience, for CEC, will start when your PGWP was issued, no other considerations apply.

Anyways the problem with EE Is not only meeting minimum requirements, also to have enough score to get Invitation to Apply.

That could be extremely hard for post-graduates.
Immigration Minister said them are looking to help graduates but nothing changed yet.

Only ways to be sure to get ITA are obtain LMIA or PNP Invitation like Ontario or similar.

So, explore other alternatives, like PNP programs.
If your PGWP is for only a year you should try to get a LMIA for your employer or check IEC programs (working holidays /young professionals).

harpreet ss said:
Anyhow my concern is not about that I wanna figure out whether that "experiation" things really works
I don't understand this question, could you please explain it?