+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been refused due to a slight reason, & need some advice

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hello guys,

I've been refused a month ago for a study permit and i just received the GCMS notes now to see the specific reason for refusal.

The note states the call that i got from the embassy in detail which is good but the reason for refusal is harsh.

My application was for 1 year program advised by the collage to take it before enrolling into the main program for 2 more years so in total 3 years of education in Canada.

He has not submitted a proof for the 2 years study he mentions in his answers ( which i can't because i have to pass the first year to enroll into program and get acceptance letter for it which is not possible to get before that )

The refusal states "There are many colleges and unniversities in Egypt which offers programs thought in English including the specified field of study, Among them the university of Canada in Cairo and is compromised of group of Canadian universities offering Canadian courses thought by Canadian Uni profs, but he does not mention this possibly.

His reason to attend this collage is related to low cost rather than suited to his needs ( In the call i stated that what was the reason to study there was due to the low cost and it's perfect fit for my needs)

I am not satisfied that he solidly researched his program as the only program with the related studied in the website is 3 years not 2 years as he stated, Overall, I'm not satisfied that he will depart Canada at the end of his planned stay.

What do you think guys? was the Canadian embassy harsh on me? do i stand a chance of getting approval after this refusal?

Thank you,

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not harsh. You can take English in your home country with qualified and native English speakers. Take the English course in your home country and then apply for the 2 year main program.

Reactions: wonderbly

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Not harsh. You can take English in your home country with qualified and native English speakers. Take the English course in your home country and then apply for the 2 year main program.
The program isn’t English it’s just thought in English. ( I've edited that part to avoid confusion )

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
So what is the one year program the college is advising you to take. It isn’t an English program? What are your IELTS scores.
IELTS score 6.5 overall the college. advised me to take that because of my math isn't eligible and the only way to apply for the program that i want is by taking this 1 year study then apply again within Canada for the rest of the study. I know it seems complicated but that what the college told me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IELTS score 6.5 overall the college. advised me to take that because of my math isn't eligible and the only way to apply for the program that i want is by taking this 1 year study then apply again within Canada for the rest of the study. I know it seems complicated but that what the college told me.
So what is the one year program for…math only? How many courses? What college? Officers aren’t convinced you will pass the first year program so then you would not be eligible for the second program.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
So what is the one year program for…math only? How many courses? What college? Officers aren’t convinced you will pass the first year program so then you would not be eligible for the second program.
The first year, I will be studying math, English and basic chemistry preparing me for the upcoming years. Im not sure how they’re convinced that I will not pass the first year? I mean how can anybody predict my future?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The first year, I will be studying math, English and basic chemistry preparing me for the upcoming years. Im not sure how they’re convinced that I will not pass the first year? I mean how can anybody predict my future?
What school….please don’t say International College of Manitoba.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
What school….please don’t say International College of Manitoba.
I don’t want to mention the school name assuming they’re are watching this public forum. However, it’s not the college of Manitoba.

does people get refused by concerns regarding the legitimacy of the intended college?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don’t want to mention the school name assuming they’re are watching this public forum. However, it’s not the college of Manitoba.

does people get refused by concerns regarding the legitimacy of the intended college?
Yes especially if college is private or not a DLI.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Yes, the school you have selected can impact approval / refusal. Not so much the legitimacy of the college as the quality. Why come all the way to Canada to attend a bad school.

Private colleges are a big problem in this regard. No one should ever come to Canada to attend a private college.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It’s a DLI, I need to get a consultant for my case. However, I’m so confused whether to seek in consultants here in my country or online which would be better? Or it doesn’t matter which?

Thanks,
The fact it's a DLI doesn't mean it's a good school. Your choice of schools may still be contributing to the refusal.

Stay away from all consultants who are outside of Canada. Many of them get kickbacks for recommending schools to students that aren't actually good schools.

Either do it yourself - or find a good consultant who is in Canada (preferably an immigration lawyer).

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Yes, the school you have selected can impact approval / refusal. Not so much the legitimacy of the college as the quality. Why come all the way to Canada to attend a bad school.

Private colleges are a big problem in this regard. No one should ever come to Canada to attend a private college.
The school is decent school with a decent reputation. But I understand if they have concerns

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
The fact it's a DLI doesn't mean it's a good school. Your choice of schools may still be contributing to the refusal.

Stay away from all consultants who are outside of Canada. Many of them get kickbacks for recommending schools to students that aren't actually good schools.

Either do it yourself - or find a good consultant who is in Canada (preferably an immigration lawyer).
I think it’s bad if I do it myself so I would seek immigration lawyer but do I have to choose randomly from google or there is a specific lawyers specialized in similar case like mine?