+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other county or territory? (Y/N)

bond_thefrank

Nov 16, 2018
Hello All,
My application for FLR (o) for the UK has been refused in 2015. I used the lawyer to appeal against the home office decision in court, however, the upper tribunal decides against my appeal in 2016, so I decided to voluntarily leave the UK. I will definitely declare the refusal and give the reason, however, do I have to mention "yes" on question 6.e been refused admission, or order to leave Canada or any other country?

I did not receive the letter of deportation or order to leave, the last letter I received was the letter of the upper tribunal about their decision.

Any expert quick advice will be highly appreciated!

Thank you all!

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
A denial of an application to change status is neither a refusal of admission or an order to leave. They care about those things in particular, because it means a country either saw you as too much of a risk to allow into the country, or felt it important to get rid of you.

A denial of a change of status means that you were allowed into the country, and if you didn’t get an order to leave, that means you left voluntarily. That’s different from either a denial or a removal order.