Been here almost a year, Canada not so great

indian2

Star Member
Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
When my brother moved back to Canada he took a bar job to support himself, despite his qualifications & experience. He met regular customers and got contacts through them and now owns 2 businesses because of the people he met and the opportunities he was given through them.
It is probably not ideal for everyone of course, but sometimes it can work out very well too
. Yr bro is vry lucky , may God bless him n u too as well. But u c how unlucky my brother is! got decision made n he said its rejection its pretty unfair someones's brother jumping where as someone's jst trying to crawling .

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
indian2 said:
. Yr bro is vry lucky , may God bless him n u too as well. But u c how unlucky my brother is! got decision made n he said its rejection its pretty unfair someones's brother jumping where as someone's jst trying to crawling .
Sorry to hear that, I hope he can get something else sorted out xxx

bundoo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Exactly, well said. Canada is safe to bring up the kids. Even animals take their kids to safe places where they can grow with safety. Remember, no gun culture in Canada and it is quite safe to assume that the kids will return safe from school. Money is secondary issue when it comes to raise kids. Stay positive and I know you will rock.
you r perfect Guroo ji ,accept Plus 1

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
explorer101 said:
Exactly, well said. Canada is safe to bring up the kids. Even animals take their kids to safe places where they can grow with safety. Remember, no gun culture in Canada and it is quite safe to assume that the kids will return safe from school. Money is secondary issue when it comes to raise kids. Stay positive and I know you will rock.
+1 for you sir.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
FSWCIO said:
canada is greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Who told you Canada is great?????????Have u ever been in Canada.Thye treat us a beggars.They will not give any respect to ur qualification.

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All sent with application
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application (8.5 Band)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
TAPTATANU said:
Who told you Canada is great?????????Have u ever been in Canada.Thye treat us a beggars.They will not give any respect to ur qualification.

I guess it depends on where did you get your qualification from 8).

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
TAPTATANU said:
I think we need to prove our qualifications. There is also some problems regarding change in culture and environment. The professional immigrants are highly educated but obviously they don't have the local knowledge and you can't succeed without.

Please understand the situation, we just need to top up our qualification. I don't see any harm in that. If you want a senior level position in any country you must have extensive knowledge about the local environment.

D

deva

"Taxi Driver Syndrome

Behind-the-scenes immigration changes are creating new problems on top of old ones."

by Jeffrey G. Reitz , the R.F. Harney Professor of Ethnic, Immigration and Pluralism Studies at the University of Toronto.

http://reviewcanada.ca/essays/2011/02/01/taxi-driver-syndrome/

“Are immigrant professionals still driving taxis?

The answer is yes. They are also mopping floors, bagging groceries, guarding office buildings, delivering pizzas, waiting tables and working at call centres. Once in Canada, many skilled immigrants, particularly those with Indian, Caribbean, Chinese or Arab backgrounds, wind up in occupations far below their educational levels—despite having been selected for high levels of training and experience in professions such as health care, engineering and education. The problem is known as “brain waste” and some economists estimate its cost to Canada as totalling at least $3 billion a year, not to mention the ruined dreams suffered by the immigrants themselves. “

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Great report. So it is clear that Canadian economy will suffer loss, if immigrants do not get good jobs and earn good money.

Someone has wrote here that Canada desperately needs money which immigrants bring to the country. It reminds me a punjabi joke. A guy went to a show (mela) where he lost his blanket and he thought that the show was arranged just to steal his blanket.

Canada needs skilled people and we want a better and safe life. Both will win, if immigrants would succeed there. Guys, all we need to do is to work hard with honesty and consistency. No job is big or small. Please do not feel shame if you are doing cleaning job or driving taxi.

Always try to start your own business (in your field).

D

deva

Hello Mr. Zub2612!

Thanks very much for your compliments! It is always a pleasure and delight to learn from somebody of your status.

This forum is among a few initiatives taken by Mr. David Cohen to help future immigrants and immigrants already in Canada to learn from each other's perspective.

When I first became a member of this forum I used to read the comments and suggestions made by respectable members.

Anybody could get a clear picture of not only about the immigration process and life in Canada by reading those valuable postings.

Usually the members who were already in Canada used to give suggestions and others used to post their comments and queries.

The members used to post comment related to their profession and if they were already in Canada also what they were doing in Canada.

This helped everybody take informed decision because they got knowledge from somebody who was a skilled professional and as a result writing in details about the experience which were very useful to make informed decisions and choices.

A doctor helped a future immigrant doctor to make decision and a teacher or engineer did the same.

The expectations and experience of a sales person of a tobacco company who is working as a sales person of bell, roger's, real state agent, credit card sales person, other sales person may be very helpful for some body belonging to the same profession or someone planning to do the same job while in Canada.

There are many immigrant business persons who are doing businesses like security farms, financial and real state businesses.

Some are also using their houses and properties as guest houses for new comers.

These are all very good and respectable businesses and jobs.

But how professionals like doctors, engineers, teachers, architects, nurses, or dentists can benefit from the advice given by somebody who is working as a sales person of Bell, Rogers, or a real state, grocery shop owner, or a business person who is recruiting cleaner, security person, sales person for his or farm or his of her business?

Some of these businesses are totally dependent on new immigrants who are ready to take any job for the survival of themselves and their family and children.

I know there are a lot of comments and suggestions made by much respected members of this forum.

Their comments and suggestions are based on facts which are traceable and also from printed media and documents.

We all must try to preserve and uphold the dignity of our skills as teachers, engineers, doctors, dentists, nurses in any situation.

We came to another country because we believed that this country and its people need our skills to fulfill their skill shortage.

Our category is the category of skilled immigrants.

There are separate categories for refugees and business class people.

They can help each other to make their own decisions.

I believe, from now on, every respectable member of this forum should disclose his or her profession while giving any suggestions or advice to prospective immigrants.

I also think it is our right to learn from somebody who we believe has got the proper knowledge and background to enlighten us.

This forum is for skilled immigrants and they are already enough skilled and experienced and they do not deserve to be exploited by some unknown persons hiding behind the veil of anonymity with vested interests.

Thanks very much for your comments.

Best Regards,

Deva

seminole

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-JAN-2012
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed 20-FEB-2012
Nomination.....
PER Date 01-MAR-2012
AOR Received.
22-MAR-2012 NDVO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 27-JAN-2012
File Transfer...
22-MAR-2012 NDVO
Med's Request
MR and PPR - NDVO issued letter 25-APR-2012 but received letter by postal mail on 06-JUN-2012
Med's Done....
Medicals done 8th June, Medicals Received in ECAS 3rd July
Passport Req..
Passport received at NDVO 2nd August
VISA ISSUED...
VISA ISSUE DATE 17-AUG, DM date 21-AUG
LANDED..........
PASSPORT RECD 29-AUG
Interesting discussion!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Someone's occupation can be helpful to someone else in that field, but their opinions on other matters are surely relevant too??

gvasdev2004

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-feb-2011
LANDED..........
1-may-2011
keep on dreaming guys when u land here u have 2 face hardest truth hahahahahahaha gt ready to do labour class jobs

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Canada is good.better and best. but if anyone is well settled in somewhere they will face problem because EVERYONE have to do odd job here . if a well qualified doctor do dish washing/taxi driving in canada it doesnt look so good. but obviously everyones view is different. Good Luck. :p :p :p :p :p :p

riasath

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
In process since 31 jan 2012
Med's Request
1 feb 2013
Med's Done....
11th feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 21 march'13; Decision made on 26march'13; visa received 6 april'13
Everything that can be counted ( finite ) is bound not to last. We are bound by destiny when it comes to life Span, travel, wealth and progeny. Take life as it comes one step at a time.