+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been 200+ days since Test (Passed): No Decision Made, No Oath, No nothing!

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I did my test over 200 days ago, and have never seen "Decision Made" on my ECAS. (I didn't miss it, it was just never there!)
Still No "Decision Made", No "Oath", no update ... Nothing ... Absolutely nothing!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 06, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 06, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.
Got the RQ on Feb 22, 2015!

4. We sent you a notice on May 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 24, 2015 at 8:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 4, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

I called them (after the 6 months mark), and got a bullshit answer that it could be 2 weeks, 2 months, 1 year, 2 years! I really can't believe this!
What do I do? What's going on? Can anyone shed light?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
tsooma said:
Hey guys, I did my test over 200 days ago, and have never seen "Decision Made" on my ECAS. (I didn't miss it, it was just never there!)
Still No "Decision Made", No "Oath", no update ... Nothing ... Absolutely nothing!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 06, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 06, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.
Got the RQ on Feb 22, 2015!

4. We sent you a notice on May 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 24, 2015 at 8:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on June 4, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

I called them (after the 6 months mark), and got a bullshit answer that it could be 2 weeks, 2 months, 1 year, 2 years! I really can't believe this!
What do I do? What's going on? Can anyone shed light?
Is Montreal your local office ? Did you order your ATIP to see what's going on ?

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Is Montreal your local office ? Did you order your ATIP to see what's going on ?
Yeah Montreal is my local office. Didn't order ATIP yet. I kept thinking I would get it soon enough, and if not, that a phone call would have sufficed. :(

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
CIC is still quoting up to 36 months on non-routine applications. Right now, they claim they will finish old files by the end of March and are rushing through 2015 applications that are routine. Recent non-routine applicants may have to wait awhile. Processing might pick up on those applications after March. I know someone who didn't get an RQ, but waited almost one year after the test to get to DM. Clearances expire and have to be rerun, etc.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be patient . CIC is up to his neck working for Syrian refugees and does not have time for you.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
tsooma said:
Yeah Montreal is my local office. Didn't order ATIP yet. I kept thinking I would get it soon enough, and if not, that a phone call would have sufficed. :(
Myself, I would go ahead and order an ATIP, especially that you got an RQ few months back (Did you get the CT 0171 or just the CIT 0520?)

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Myself, I would go ahead and order an ATIP, especially that you got an RQ few months back (Did you get the CT 0171 or just the CIT 0520?)
Thanks, just ordered one! I got the full-fledged CIT 0171 :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
tsooma said:
Thanks, just ordered one! I got the full-fledged CIT 0171 :)
Ok, the real RQ then, yeah you just have to wait for about 30 days and see what is in your ATIP...but who knows uou might get a communication (hopefully Oath letter) from CIC before.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Ok, the real RQ then, yeah you just have to wait for about 30 days and see what is in your ATIP...but who knows uou might get a communication (hopefully Oath letter) from CIC before.
Hope so. I'll post here for updates.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't got any RQs during the process and I'm still waiting for my oath since June 3r when I've passed my test.
It's just preposterous :eek:

Malveros

Nov 6, 2015
Calling CIC Call Center is useless. Since 6 months have already passed after your test I would suggest doing a case specific enquiry through the CIC website since u have already ordered the privacy report. If everything is filled in properly on the enquiry form u should expect a response from them in 10 days by email which will state your request for update has been forwarded to the local office. The local office should get in touch in a month from that date onwards with u. If u again don't hear anything - do another case specific inquiry but this time requesting an appointment face to face with the local office.

If nothing happens it will still trigger an action on your file so who knows u get the oath letter in the mail as a surprise :)

Good Luck !

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malveros said:
Calling CIC Call Center is useless. Since 6 months have already passed after your test I would suggest doing a case specific enquiry through the CIC website since u have already ordered the privacy report. If everything is filled in properly on the enquiry form u should expect a response from them in 10 days by email which will state your request for update has been forwarded to the local office. The local office should get in touch in a month from that date onwards with u. If u again don't hear anything - do another case specific inquiry but this time requesting an appointment face to face with the local office.

If nothing happens it will still trigger an action on your file so who knows u get the oath letter in the mail as a surprise :)

Good Luck !
Thanks Malveros! Is that what you did? Did it trigger anything new?

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malveros said:

Good Luck !
How do you do case specific enquiry through cic website ?

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:
3 possible ways to move your case forward:
1) Find your MP email/office and write him/her explaining delays and the situation http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC
2) order ATIP (which you did), wait and see what is there, by I guess by that time you will be done.
3) write specific cic enquiry (letter similar to that one for MP) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You could do any permutations but preferably : write letter to MP - the same content letter as a CIC enquiry.
P.s. I ordered ATIP after test and got it in 30 days, all changes according to results of my test (fields [knowledge], [residency] changed to "passed", etc...) occurred at the same time (day, hour, minute) when ATIP was processing.(you can make the conclusion on yourself )

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krohmal said:
3 possible ways to move your case forward:
1) Find your MP email/office and write him/her explaining delays and the situation http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC
2) order ATIP (which you did), wait and see what is there, by I guess by that time you will be done.
3) write specific cic enquiry (letter similar to that one for MP) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
You could do any permutations but preferably : write letter to MP - the same content letter as a CIC enquiry.
P.s. I ordered ATIP after test and got it in 30 days, all changes according to results of my test (fields [knowledge], [residency] changed to "passed", etc...) occurred at the same time (day, hour, minute) when ATIP was processing.(you can make the conclusion on yourself )
Forgot to add: did #1 during election season. They asked once and never followed up!