23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Good day!

I am asking for a friend...

Just a background of my friend's immigration journey... My friend used to live in Alberta under study permit but unfortunately she wasn't granted the Post grad wp (not sure if that is the right term). She was not able to apply for PR here in Alberta.
So she tried her luck and was nominated by Saskatchewan and has a job offer at Tim Hortons. But because her case is complicated she didn't move to Saskatchewan until her work permit is approved.

She just started working at Tims just last March. With $13 to start as supervisor. She became PR in July.

Now my question is, if she has an offer to work and get paid more here in Alberta, can she move back here right away? Does she need to call the govt. of Sask. to let them know that she is moving to Alberta? Is that necessary? She doesn't want to get in trouble when she applies for her citizenship.

Can you please enlighten us regarding this?

Thank you!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Good day!

Just a background of my friend's immigration journey... My friend used to live in Alberta under study permit but unfortunately she wasn't granted the Post grad wp (not sure if that is the right term). She was not able to apply for PR here in Alberta.
So she tried her luck and was nominated by Saskatchewan and has a job offer at Tim Hortons. But because her case is complicated she didn't move to Saskatchewan until her work permit is approved.

She just started working at Tims just last March. With $13 to start as supervisor. She became PR in July.

Now my question is, if she has an offer to work and get paid more here in Alberta, can she move back here right away? Does she need to call the govt. of Sask. to let them know that she is moving to Alberta? Is that necessary? She doesn't want to get in trouble when she applies for her citizenship.

Thank you!
I personally think it's a little disappointing your "friend" wants to leave SK after the province supported her PR journey.

She did sign a Schedule 4 form committing to reside in the province after getting PR, and now she wants to leave SK for what, a $2 an hour pay rise? $3? And one month after PR? Wow.

If it is the case that she never wanted to genuinely reside in SK and basically used SINP for PR and then quickly left (which 100% sounds like what she's doing), IRCC arguably has grounds to cancel her PR and Citizenship in the future due to misrepresentation. But then again, it's like speeding on a rural highway with no cameras. Who would ever know? Or maybe they will when they look at her address changes when she applies for Citizenship?

Or would they?

Last edited:
Reactions: charmainefrances

thiagofrk

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Good day!

Thank you!
If you search the CanadaVisa Forum you will see many topics on this subject. I'm not a lawyer and I've never asked this question to an authority, but from your description it seems that your friend used the benefit of the process in SK to make it easier to get PR without ever having thought of actually settling in the province.

As already reinforced, in the application the candidate states that she intends to remain in the province.

I'm not in a position and I don't want to judge anyone, but... I think doing this is a crime? Not. I think your friend will be persecuted by the government for the rest of her life? Not. However, arguing that she will move to another province because she had a better job offer, given that she probably earns close to the minimum wage (and in AB the minimum wage is higher than in SK) makes no sense, after all, any offer she had would be better than what she currently has. Did she try a new job with better pay in SK? SK can't absorb her workforce in other positions? Anyway, due to situations like this, many immigration programs change and become more complex for those who really want to settle in the province.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I think we can't blame her since she was earning $21 per hour here in Alberta before she left. Also imagine moving to another province with no one. Basically starting from scratch again. So let us not judge. Her mental health is also at risk here.

Alberta was her home for 10 years, but because of unfortunate events with her immigration journey she needed to find a way to get her papers somewhere else. Yes, I agree that she should stay in SK at least a year or two. To say THANK YOU to the province that gave her her PR.

I guess, I will let her decide on this.

Que sera , sera!

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
According to the Canadian Charter of right she is free to live anywhere in Canada. There is no restriction in that. However, let's consider moral and ethics which is very important. SK sees her as someone to contribute to their economy and hence, decided to nominate her and now she got PR she wants to move. This can be compared to ex and new boyfriend; she used the new boyfriend and now wants to go back to her ex. Absolutely no moral there!

You argue about mental health and whatso ever unfortunately those are not valid reason, she came from a different country right and she adopted to AB right? where is the mental issue?

In a nutshell as mentioned she is free to choose, the only negative is a dent to her ethics and moral standing. Good luck!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
According to the Canadian Charter of right she is free to live anywhere in Canada. There is no restriction in that. However, let's consider moral and ethics which is very important. SK sees her as someone to contribute to their economy and hence, decided to nominate her and now she got PR she wants to move. This can be compared to ex and new boyfriend; she used the new boyfriend and now wants to go back to her ex. Absolutely no moral there!

You argue about mental health and whatso ever unfortunately those are not valid reason, she came from a different country right and she adopted to AB right? where is the mental issue?

In a nutshell as mentioned she is free to choose, the only negative is a dent to her ethics and moral standing. Good luck!
Thank you very much for the response. Points taken.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
Thank you very much for answering my query. I don't want people to argue because of this. I appreciate @joGain. Thank you for the reminder about " He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

That is why I didn't say anything anymore because some people are too perfect!.
Even my friend said " Wow, am I that bad and am I a criminal"? :D lolssss!

Anyway, my friend's daughter and husband are arriving on Wednesday, Sept. 14. Maybe a time with her family after 10 years without them will resolve this roller coaster ride of emotions.

Again, I appreciate your insights. Thank you!

thiagofrk

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Thank you very much for answering my query. I don't want people to argue because of this. I appreciate @joGain. Thank you for the reminder about " He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

That is why I didn't say anything anymore because some people are too perfect!.
Even my friend said " Wow, am I that bad and am I a criminal"? :D lolssss!

Anyway, my friend's daughter and husband are arriving on Wednesday, Sept. 14. Maybe a time with her family after 10 years without them will resolve this roller coaster ride of emotions.

Again, I appreciate your insights. Thank you!
I'm sorry friend, I didn't understand you. You asked a question in a public forum, so different opinions could arise. The simple fact that you ask this question shows that you have some legal concerns or have done some exercise of conscience to the point where you don't know if this could cause problems in the future for your friend. In fact, in previous comments it was mentioned that although it is difficult to monitor this situation, legally she could have problems. If I were in your friend's shoes, I would be worried in a situation like this. However, if you think this is not imporant, that people are judging your friend and that she has enough arguments in case of future questions, go ahead, the risk is all hers.

Last edited:

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
As
I'm sorry friend, I didn't understand you. You asked a question in a public forum, so different opinions could arise. The simple fact that you ask this question shows that you have some legal concerns or have done some exercise of conscience to the point where you don't know if this could cause problems in the future for your friend. In fact, in previous comments it was mentioned that although it is difficult to monitor this situation, legally she could have problems. If I were in your friend's shoes, I would be worried in a situation like this. However, if you think this is not imporant, that people are judging your friend and that she has enough arguments in case of future questions, go ahead, the risk is all hers.
As I've said, I will leave it up to her. Your points taken.

Thank you!