+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Became a canadian a few days back, does INTENT to reside apply to me

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
I became a Canadian a few days back. Feel great about it....finally I am a Canadian.
Before, during or after the ceremony nobody mentioned anything about the INTENT TO RESIDE.... so does that apply to us OR will that apply to people after a certain date OR it applies to everyone irrespective of the date of taking oath.
Anyway, I intend to live in this wonderful country and never want to leave.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
I just married my wife, I love her very much! Just one thing, I've heard people mention something about 'till death do you part', but I didn't notice it in the ceremony. I'm not planning on leaving her ever! But I was just wondering, does that apply to me too?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
I just married my wife, I love her very much! Just one thing, I've heard people mention something about 'till death do you part', but I didn't notice it in the ceremony. I'm not planning on leaving her ever! But I was just wondering, does that apply to me too?
:p :p :p :p

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;) ;) ;)
on-hold said:

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
Hilarious!!!! But the jokes doesn't apply to s/he question. I know the intent to stay doesnt apply to the person.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
lol!!! many your comment made my day!! lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on-hold said:
You got screwed already! Time is over 8)

raids865

Feb 1, 2014
on-hold said:
Love This! :D :D :D

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
on-hold said:
What a note!!! One of the best posts in this serious forum! Sometimes good to lighten the day.

I mean No offence to the original post.

manasrah

Jul 26, 2014
Hi,
Congratulations! The intention to stay component of the new law is still not into effect. When it will become effective, your freedom of movement AFTER the oath is still not restricted, i.e. you can go and live/ work wherever you want without restrictions. So, you are free to live wherever you chose.