+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Be aware of fake Ghost Updates! [Video included]

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi guys, I fell for fake ghost updates thinking they were real a couple of days ago...Yesterday, I confirmed that it is a technical issue. For those curious, the ghost update can be easily generated (most of the time unintentionally) following the steps below (all times I tried the steps have been after 9pm Pacific time, so I think that matters for unknown reasons):

1. Click on “Check full application status”
2. While the page is loading, stop the page from loading and click refresh
3. Congrats, you now have a ghost update (a fake one of course:p)

You can even try this on approved applications from years ago and confirm that they get ghost updates as well:oops:

FYI, I reported this technical issue to IRCC cause I know how meaningful real GUs can be for us.

Here is the screen recording I captured from my phone doing the steps yesterday after 9pm Pacific time:

Last edited:

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Hi guys, I fell for fake ghost updates thinking they were real a couple of days ago...Yesterday, I confirmed that it is a technical issue. For those curious, the ghost update can be easily generated (most of the time unintentionally) following the steps below (all times I tried the steps have been after 9pm Pacific time, so I think that matters for unknown reasons):

You can even try this on approved applications from years ago and confirm that they get ghost updates as well:oops:

FYI, I reported this technical issue to IRCC cause I know how meaningful real GUs can be for us.

Here is the screen recording I captured from my phone doing the steps yesterday after 9pm Pacific time:
Yeah! That happened to me multiple times when I try to login at 12 am EST.

abinition

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Is this something that happening at Daily basis. Two of my GUs are at 1Am on two different days of the week.

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Is this something that happening at Daily basis. Two of my GUs are at 1Am on two different days of the week.
I have actually found this not to happen consistently. But that fact alone is just enough to kinda blur the line of telling when GUs are real and when they are not...

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Good catch