+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"be advised that your application has been approved..." what does it basically mean?

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm the one who got this kind of email as a response to my Visa Office request:
Dear ...,

Please be advised that your application has been approved and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline at our office.

Please note that we do not require any information from you at the present time. You will be receiving instructions shortly.
So the question is what does it basically mean? Has the officer finished the final verification after agents recommendations or it is yet to be finally-reviewed? How far is the PPR? Is additional security screening still possible in this case? Were there any cases which were rejected after such message? Or interview assigned after such message?

I hope that sharing the experience here from those who is/was in the similar situation will help us to figure this out to some extent.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all,

So the question is what does it basically mean? Has the officer finished the final verification after agents recommendations or it is yet to be finally-reviewed? How far is the PPR? Is additional security screening still possible in this case? Were there any cases which were rejected after such message? Or interview assigned after such message?

I hope that sharing the experience here from those who is/was in the similar situation will help us to figure this out to some extent.
I got the same message in response to my visa office query. I think it means that the necessary checks have been (satisfactorily) completed. The next step (I think) is to reassign the file to a local visa office so that the passport request can be issued. It is definitely a positive development. However, because the file is well within the "six months time frame", there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency in the offloading process. Nevertheless, all we can do at this point is to wait.
NB: Side effects of waiting include spontaneous, involuntary hair dimunitation, so please wait responsibly.

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the same message in response to my visa office query. I think it means that the necessary checks have been (satisfactorily) completed. The next step (I think) is to reassign the file to a local visa office so that the passport request can be issued. It is definitely a positive development. However, because the file is well within the "six months time frame", there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency in the offloading process. Nevertheless, all we can do at this point is to wait.
NB: Side effects of waiting include spontaneous, involuntary hair dimunitation, so please wait responsibly.
:D
And how long time ago did you get this approval message?

As to visa offices, there are some opinions that the case does not necessarily go to the local visa office at the final stage: after CIO Sydney it goes either to CPC Ottawa OR local visa office. So not sure if it ends up in the local visa office at all, if on IP2-approved stage they say that it is in Ottawa.

PS. You are right, we can only wait, but figuring out some details and people's experience may help in planning ahead. For example, I have quite significant notification period at my job before quitting, and if I get a PPR and will have to wait again until I can quit my job - that will destroy me eventually :D
So I've almost decided to start my resignation process upfront but still would like to know the chances, where I am in this 'approved' state and what are the possible worst-case scenarios

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi all,

Thats a very good response, they rarely give such a positive mail. They are obviuosly saying your application has been (approved) and wait for further instructions shortly (ppr). Chillax and embrace for impact, its coming lol

Reactions: shagunsangwan

tractorinio

Apr 5, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats a very good response, they rarely give such a positive mail. They are obviuosly saying your application has been (approved) and wait for further instructions shortly (ppr). Chillax and embrace for impact, its coming lol
Thanks for your input, hope that won't take very long

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
@BlessingsOverflow could you please share when you received that email?
@johnmunch Did u send an email to Ottawa regarding the visa office? I ask because I sent them an email on Thursday early morning and still haven't received a response. They usually respond in 2 working days so this is quite strange.

Reha1212

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
It means your application has been approved, done, finito :)

But the waiting is not over yet, at least it is not for me..I received the same e-mail response on July 27th, no news as of now. Last week (on August 8th) I sent another e-mail to -maybe- remind my case but no answer to that either..

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Got PPR today's morning :)
So apparently, 'approved' means finally approved and won't be checked by any means, indeed
Congrats man, thats good news. Did you recieve an auto response email? I hear from some that they are not recieving such response after sending the mail to cpc ottawa recently

Apr 5, 2017
@BlessingsOverflow could you please share when you received that email?
I went into IP2 status on July 24th. I sent the V/O query on August 5th and got the response on August 8th. However, there has been no further update. My additional documents section still says "the documents you uploaded are being reviewed", so that's the section that I'm monitoring diligently. My AOR is May 10th, 6 days post AOR now. I'm bracing for 100+ days before PPR based on my country. I really do hope I'm wrong though. I would love to be pleasantly surprised right now.