canadaindia123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I recently applied for BCPNP and received an Invitation to Apply today.

I got a job in BC with an employer who is applying for an ICT visa (LMIA exempt) for me.

I am awaiting the approval of the work permit and am scheduled to join in July if all goes well.

Can I accept the invitation and apply for BCPNP before I receive the work permit and join my employer in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I recently applied for BCPNP and received an Invitation to Apply today.

I got a job in BC with an employer who is applying for an ICT visa (LMIA exempt) for me.

I am awaiting the approval of the work permit and am scheduled to join in July if all goes well.

Can I accept the invitation and apply for BCPNP before I receive the work permit and join my employer in Canada?
Sure you can.Aren’t you working for the employer now since it is an ICT? Is the same employer giving you the job offer for PNP?

canadaindia123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes, its the same employer who gave me the offer. But they are different companies, one is XYZ UK Ltd. and the other is XYZ Canada Ltd, due to which I mentioned that I'm not working for the employer in the job being offered. Would that be a problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, its the same employer who gave me the offer. But they are different companies, one is XYZ UK Ltd. and the other is XYZ Canada Ltd, due to which I mentioned that I'm not working for the employer in the job being offered. Would that be a problem?
Why did you not mention and upfront? It may be an issue. An ICT is an transfer between offices. A BC PNP is a job offer by an employer who cannot hire locally in Canada. Your employer had to have shown that there were recruitment efforts for your job. So they would have posted your job. During your application review, your employer may be asked on their recruitment practices for your job.

canadaindia123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I do understand that. But I thought that since these are two different legal entities, they are different companies. Now, should I decline and apply again and wait for another draw? Or I can explain to them that it was an inter-office movement for the same organization but between different legal entities.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do understand that. But I thought that since these are two different legal entities, they are different companies. Now, should I decline and apply again and wait for another draw? Or I can explain to them that it was an inter-office movement for the same organization but between different legal entities.
I don’t know. The whole purpose of the BC PNP program is for employers who can’t hire locally (Canadians or PRs) to fill market needs from outside and fill labour shortages. Talk to your employer and get expert advice.