+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP and Salary

Lucho

Jan 20, 2009
Hello

I received my BCPNP file number last week under the international graduate category. I graduated last May from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Science (Major in Kinesiology with distinction). I am currently working as a Kinesiologist in a Physiotherapy and Sport Medicine clinic with a post graduation work permit. I did part of my co-op program in this clinic and they decided to offer me a permanent job as A Kinesiologist. My common law partner, which I included in my application, also has a permanent job with a better salary that me ( She is Japanese and I am Mexican). In addition, I have enough funds to buy a property in Victoria. My only concern with my application, is that I do not think my salary is very high. I was not able to find any information about wages and salaries for kinesiologists (NOC 4167) in the suggested website, so I do not have any way of comparing my salary with the average in the province.

1 How important is the salary part of my application?
2- Will my application get rejected if my salary is not high enough even though I exceed all the other BCPNP requirements for the international graduates category
3- Will my employer receive a phone call with the possibility of modifying my salary before my application gets rejected because I think they are willing to do that in case is necessary?

Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lucho said:
Hello

I received my BCPNP file number last week under the international graduate category. I graduated last May from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Science (Major in Kinesiology with distinction). I am currently working as a Kinesiologist in a Physiotherapy and Sport Medicine clinic with a post graduation work permit. I did part of my co-op program in this clinic and they decided to offer me a permanent job as A Kinesiologist. My common law partner, which I included in my application, also has a permanent job with a better salary that me ( She is Japanese and I am Mexican). In addition, I have enough funds to buy a property in Victoria. My only concern with my application, is that I do not think my salary is very high. I was not able to find any information about wages and salaries for kinesiologists (NOC 4167) in the suggested website, so I do not have any way of comparing my salary with the average in the province.

1 How important is the salary part of my application?
2- Will my application get rejected if my salary is not high enough even though I exceed all the other BCPNP requirements for the international graduates category
3- Will my employer receive a phone call with the possibility of modifying my salary before my application gets rejected because I think they are willing to do that in case is necessary?

Thank You
1, Go to HRSDC http://www.labourmarketinformation.ca/standard.asp?ppid=43&lcode=E&prov=59&gaid=&occ=4167&job=&search_key=3 and you will be able to obtain the salary range where ever you are working, for example Kinesology pays between $9.58 and $24.75 with an average $18.90. So if you are making less than the average, there maybe a problem.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Let me share a recent case,I was asked to help a Taiwanese girl who was hired as a marketing Manager for a firm in Richmond,She was paid less then the prevailing wage for marketing managers and this was questioned by the PNP officer.But when the employer was able to show substantial commisions would compensate for a lower salary,She was ultimately cleared.The point being lower then average salaries raises a red flag,But if there is a valid reason,It can be sorted out

aman1

Jan 4, 2011
Re: BCPNP n Salary problm

aman1

Ratings: +0/-1

help into pnp,bc
« Sent to: BCguy on: February 03, 2011, 06:02:23 pm » Quote Reply Remove

i need u r guidelines, i m in canada on twp from last 2 years in catagory c,my employer gave me promosion letter as supervisior to apply for pnp,bc ,pnp officers came at my work place they took my n my employer interview,afterthat pnp officers emailed in office about my salary, the office people send the rate/h is $12, but in my promosion letter my employer shows it is $21,what will be next , i worried abt it ,they will reject my case or pass, plz help what i should do, to handle this kind of suitation ,plz answer asap,

my email id:--sukhchainmalhi @ gmail.com

thanks

krisanna

Nov 10, 2010
How can you show substantial commissions? Can anybody please explain it? I mean how do you prove it. Because in my case i got commissions such as gift cards for pacific centre, or cactus club etc., and mostly cash.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krisanna said:
How can you show substantial commissions? Can anybody please explain it? I mean how do you prove it. Because in my case i got commissions such as gift cards for pacific centre, or cactus club etc., and mostly cash.
Those are not real commissions. Commissions are taxable and paid by cheque.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: BCPNP n Salary problm

aman1 said:
i need u r guidelines, i m in canada on twp from last 2 years in catagory c,my employer gave me promosion letter as supervisior to apply for pnp,bc ,pnp officers came at my work place they took my n my employer interview,afterthat pnp officers emailed in office about my salary, the office people send the rate/h is $12, but in my promosion letter my employer shows it is $21,what will be next , i worried abt it ,they will reject my case or pass, plz help what i should do, to handle this kind of suitation ,plz answer asap,
Has the employer applied for a new LMO for the supervisory positions? Do you have previous experience as a supervisor? Is $21 per hour the average according to the Labour Market Information website regarding average wage for this postion?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Basically the BC PNP staff uses two criteria,Are you within the normal salary range and whether you make the LICO,for example you may make 11$ per hour the prevailing wage for a food server but you have 2 kids and want to live in Vancouver.You pass prevailing wage but fail LICO because you need a annual income of 37,000 for Lower mainland.Got it?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
BCguy said:
Basically the BC PNP staff uses two criteria,Are you within the normal salary range and whether you make the LICO,for example you may make 11$ per hour the prevailing wage for a food server but you have 2 kids and want to live in Vancouver.You pass prevailing wage but fail LICO because you need a annual income of 37,000 for Lower mainland.Got it?

Sorry once again hijacking a thread...I am just following BCguy around....(stalker).

So, can I just confirm with you, that applying for a BCPNP is not just about paying the average wage for the job....yes?

If an employee, who's average salary is deemed at $14.55 an hour has a wife and 4 children to support, then just by paying the $14.55 an hour would not be good enough?

Dam....has to re think this one. I have an employee I am desperate to keep, willing to pay the average hourly wage and sponsor him but I am now concerned that the PNP office will not see this as good enough. Also, re thinking the commission/bonus stuff. Maybe I could show that should he reach his targets (which he does continually) I could pay him an extra $XXXXX per year???

Sorry, just thinking out loud again....once again welcome back BCguy.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Sorry once again hijacking a thread...I am just following BCguy around....(stalker).

So, can I just confirm with you, that applying for a BCPNP is not just about paying the average wage for the job....yes?

If an employee, who's average salary is deemed at $14.55 an hour has a wife and 4 children to support, then just by paying the $14.55 an hour would not be good enough?

Dam....has to re think this one. I have an employee I am desperate to keep, willing to pay the average hourly wage and sponsor him but I am now concerned that the PNP office will not see this as good enough. Also, re thinking the commission/bonus stuff. Maybe I could show that should he reach his targets (which he does continually) I could pay him an extra $XXXXX per year???

Sorry, just thinking out loud again....once again welcome back BCguy.
Hi anglebrat,

Take a look at the table on this page. These are the minimum income thresholds BCguy is talking about.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/information/ability.page?

A worker needs to have a minimum annual income of these amounts to qualify for BC PNP. If their spouse is also here on a work permit, you can add both incomes together to qualify.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
rjessome said:
Hi anglebrat,

Take a look at the table on this page. These are the minimum income thresholds BCguy is talking about.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/information/ability.page?

A worker needs to have a minimum annual income of these amounts to qualify for BC PNP. If their spouse is also here on a work permit, you can add both incomes together to qualify.
Thank you rjessome.....I think we may be OK....his wife is a qualified nurse in her Country, so should be able to establish herself with a basic job, whilst retraining.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Thank you rjessome.....I think we may be OK....his wife is a qualified nurse in her Country, so should be able to establish herself with a basic job, whilst retraining.
But if she doesn't have a job offer and work permit for Canada her income won't be included in the calculation. My experience with BCPNP is that they are very strict about meeting the minimum income level. Perhaps BCguy can guide you about what you can potentially do.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
OK,what program advisers use is a chart matrixing where you live and Family size,For example If your employee earns 31K and plans to settle in Squamish,Thats fine because the cut off for a family of 4 in Squamish is 30,800 But If he wanted to live in Vancouver,He fails because the cutoff of family for 4 in Vancouver is 37,000.Job offers to spouses USED to be counted,Not anymore unless the wife has a valid work permit for Canada.This is first hand from one of the managers in the BC PNP.You might want to incorporate commisions into basic salary or have the say He wants to settle outside the lower mainland.For example,A cook in one of the restaurants in West Vancouver plans to settle his family in Squamish instead of Burnaby where he stays now.His LICO went down to 31K from 37K.But he really will settle in Squamish

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Thanks for the replies...goodness it was so much easier last year.

Seems along with LMO's the PNP's are getting stricter too....awwww such is immigration life.