+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bcguy and Leon - Help!!

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
I am currently in Toronto on a work permit and was laid off in December. So far, I havent been able to find a job yet and am in the process of applying for PR under CEC but havent done so just incase i am unable to find a job and have to go back home. I have been applying for job in BC and Ab but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated. I did a post grad in Hr and have over 2.5 years experience in the field. But i am open to any other job opportunities that maybe available.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for CEC even if you end up having to go home. You can even apply for CEC up to a year after you go home. Do it and you will have an easier time finding a job when you don't need a work permit anymore.

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
Yeah I am in the process of writing my IELTs and all. My only concern is, If i was to apply from singapore (thats my CIC office) i wonder how long it will take. I know from Buffalo is it quite fast. Also, if i were to applyto buffalo before I leave, where will the medicals and interview be done? Im sorry if these are stupid questions, but i dont want to wait for years and years from singapore if the applicaiton is not fast tracked like FSW category 1

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
OK, thats good. Thanks for your help guys. I am writing IELTS in Feb and have requested for pilic clearance from home and by mid march, I should send be ready to send my application to Buffalo. :)
once again, thank you.