+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC Tech Pilot - Employer Requirements

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Pardon my limited knowledge after navigating through the possible resources in this site and official BC page. I am currently in the USA and my employer is willing to send me to Canada - Vancouver, BC. My company is registered in Nova Scotia but they have employees in all around Canada. My concerns are -

1. Can I be eligible for BC tech pilot program if am working in Vancouver BC, mostly working from home (Vancouver) and supporting clients locally when they need? (I'm in sales engineering)

2. My LMIA exempt ICT is applied, if approved, will it help me in qualifying for BC Tech pilot? IN short, should I wait for my work permit's decision?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Den2o

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Bro, see specific requirements for Employers, so I believe the answer is NO, unfortunately.

General Employer Requirements
1) be established as an employer in good standing in B.C.
Your employer must be in good standing and must have one of the following business structures:
1. incorporated or extra-provincially registered
OR
2. registered as a limited liability partnership in B.C.
OR
3. an eligible public sector or non-profit employer
Your employer must be permanently established in B.C., as defined by the federal Income Tax Act.
Your employer must have operated in B.C. for at least one year (two years if you are registering under the Entry Level and Semi-Skilled category, including employment in the Northeast Development Region of B.C.)

2) have indeterminate, full-time employees
If your employer is located within the Greater Vancouver Regional District, your employer must have at least five indeterminate, full-time employees (or full-time equivalents) in B.C.
If your employer is located outside of the Greater Vancouver Regional District, your employer must have at least three indeterminate, full-time employees (or full-time equivalents) in B.C.
BC PNP SKILLS IMMIGRATION AND EXPRESS ENTRY BC PROGRAM GUIDE
BC PNP Program Guide | Part 4: Employer Requirements 51
The information in this guide is effective November 8, 2019. Please check our website to ensure you are using the correct version.
Only individuals who are on the company’s payroll will be considered employees of the company. Your employer may be asked to submit a T4 Summary of Remuneration Paid to demonstrate that this requirement is met.
You must be establishing an employee/employer relationship with your employer as defined by the Employment Standards Act. Please note that for the purposes of the BC PNP, independent contractors are not considered as indeterminate employees.
In the five years preceding your application, and throughout the BC PNP application process, you and your spouse or common-law partner must not have held a combined ownership/equity stake of more than 10 per cent in the B.C. company that has offered you employment.
3) have a history of good workplace and business practices
Your employer must be financially sound and have a history of good workplace and business practices, including complying with all applicable B.C. and federal employment, labour, immigration, health and safety laws and regulations. Your employer may be asked to provide financial statements prepared by a certified professional accountant.