+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Work Visa At Border

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,

So I need a work visa ASAP as I have been waiting forever and I'm finally able to because I have the employee portal job offer number, etc.

I am going to head to the border and flag pole to get the work visa.

The only question I have, is where can I find out what documentation I need to take with me to the border?

On the IRCC website, when applying for the visa there it gives you the document check list. However, it's different depending on if you're a resident of Canada (I am at the moment) or a resident of your home country (UK).

This also differs if you are currently in Canada or not.

So I have no idea what I need to take because when applying at the border my residence will be in Canada, but I assume they will process me as an external applicant as I am at the border?

Is there anywhere I can get a list of the documentation I need?

Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

So I need a work visa ASAP as I have been waiting forever and I'm finally able to because I have the employee portal job offer number, etc.

I am going to head to the border and flag pole to get the work visa.

The only question I have, is where can I find out what documentation I need to take with me to the border?

On the IRCC website, when applying for the visa there it gives you the document check list. However, it's different depending on if you're a resident of Canada (I am at the moment) or a resident of your home country (UK).

This also differs if you are currently in Canada or not.

So I have no idea what I need to take because when applying at the border my residence will be in Canada, but I assume they will process me as an external applicant as I am at the border?

Is there anywhere I can get a list of the documentation I need?

Thanks
What is your status in Canada ? What kind of work permit are you applying? Fo you have LMiA or nomination letter from province ?

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
What is your status in Canada ? What kind of work permit are you applying? Fo you have LMiA or nomination letter from province ?
I have BC PNP nomination with support letter, so LMIA exempt.

Applying for closed work permit with job offer from employer.

I am on implied visitor status right now.

Thanks!

s33d5

Apr 6, 2022
One thing that affects this is, am I an internal or external applicant while flag polling? Because I technically never actually leave Canada as the US doesn't allow you across the border.

What I have so far:

- Signed job offer

- Manager support letter

- Employer portal number

- BC provincial nomination certificate and work permit support letter

- CV and degree to show eligibility for the job

- Proof of implied visitor status (IRCC screenshot, IRCC receipt, and previous work visa)

- Proof of current Canadian address (credit card statement)

- Proof of funds (4 months of chequing account statement)

- Criminal record checks I'm unsure about. I have one from 2020 and one from 2022, however it's more than 6 months ago. Online I can see that if you haven't been in another country for more than 6 months (I've only been on short trips to the USA) then you don't need one. So I don't need one?

- I'm also fairly sure I don't need a health check or insurance (it's not IEC)

Anything else I need?