+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - waiting for virtual landing PR

xxtdd

Mar 8, 2024
I have applied for PR last November 2023 and finally got the passport request for me and my dependent (outland). As the principal applicant, I have already informed IRCC that I am in Canada, for me be able to do virtual landing and patiently waiting for their respond to give me the portal details. It's been a month to be honest.

Question is, I applied my PR thru Express Entry - PNP (BC PNP international Grad). Can I quit my current job if I have another job offer with same NOC? I have read all the forums I can go thru, however it still confuses me. Considering I have already received one of the golden email other people are saying. On top of that, my current BC PNP nomination just expired and I have already applied for work permit extension too before it expired, patiently waiting for that as well.

Hoping for answers!!! I am torn in between if I would accept the job or stay in my current job.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have applied for PR last November 2023 and finally got the passport request for me and my dependent (outland). As the principal applicant, I have already informed IRCC that I am in Canada, for me be able to do virtual landing and patiently waiting for their respond to give me the portal details. It's been a month to be honest.

Question is, I applied my PR thru Express Entry - PNP (BC PNP international Grad). Can I quit my current job if I have another job offer with same NOC? I have read all the forums I can go thru, however it still confuses me. Considering I have already received one of the golden email other people are saying. On top of that, my current BC PNP nomination just expired and I have already applied for work permit extension too before it expired, patiently waiting for that as well.

Hoping for answers!!! I am torn in between if I would accept the job or stay in my current job.
Once you land in Canada as a permanent resident, you can quit your job anytime and move to another province.

xxtdd

Mar 8, 2024
Once you land in Canada as a permanent resident, you can quit your job anytime and move to another province.
Thank you for quick response! What if the job offer is based in BC as well? Will that affect my PR application?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for quick response! What if the job offer is based in BC as well? Will that affect my PR application?
Yes you are not PR yet . You should still stick to your nomination and job yet . Once you land in Canada you are permanent resident and can move anywhere and work anywhere.