+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - switch from Skills Immigration to Express Entry BC

anagrint

Mar 6, 2021
Last week I got a nomination from the BC PNP under the Tech Pilot stream. I got it after applying for the "Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker" program. Recently I found out that this stream is a paper-based way that is very long and can take up to 2 years and I think now that I'm an idiot, I had to apply for another program: "Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker", which has pretty the same requirements, so I'm sure that I'd be nominated too (I'm eligible for creating an Express Entry profile).

I suppose that answer is "no" for both question, but want to be sure: there's no way to use my nomination by creating an Express Entry account or switch to BC PNP Express Entry?

If I try to get another nomination, should I first cancel the existing one? Or can I wait until I'm nominated under "Express Entry BC" and THEN decline the first nomination?

I cannot find anything on this forum and in Google, probably my search requests are not good enough.

Viktor2k

Feb 13, 2021
Last week I got a nomination from the BC PNP under the Tech Pilot stream. I got it after applying for the "Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker" program. Recently I found out that this stream is a paper-based way that is very long and can take up to 2 years and I think now that I'm an idiot, I had to apply for another program: "Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker", which has pretty the same requirements, so I'm sure that I'd be nominated too (I'm eligible for creating an Express Entry profile).

I suppose that answer is "no" for both question, but want to be sure: there's no way to use my nomination by creating an Express Entry account or switch to BC PNP Express Entry?

If I try to get another nomination, should I first cancel the existing one? Or can I wait until I'm nominated under "Express Entry BC" and THEN decline the first nomination?

I cannot find anything on this forum and in Google, probably my search requests are not good enough.
I had the same problem like you. I sent an email with a question can I change a stream and get answer

The BC PNP will not convert applications from Skills Immigration to Express Entry BC (EEBC). Individuals who wish to be considered for EEBC must submit a new application or registration.
If you have been nominated under Skills Immigration, you can choose to submit a new registration at any time under the Express Entry BC category of your choice. You do not have to wait for your Skills Immigration nomination to expire. Please ensure that you meet all program and category requirements at the time of registration and application. An individual can only have one active registration and/or application at a time.