+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[BC PNP] Should employer demonstrate recruitment effort if I work on an open work permit?

fzhongjie

Dec 9, 2018
Hi,
I am working on a post graduate open work permit now. And I was hired by company internal referral. Does my company still need to demonstrate recruitment effort, such as post job ads on Jobbank website?
Thank you.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
According to the BC Employer Guide, the company does not have to prove recruitment efforts if:

"you have a valid work permit and/or employment authorization and are currently working fulltime (at least an average of 30 hours per week, year-round) for the supporting B.C. employer in the occupation identified in the job offer. Please note that if you are currently working fulltime for the supporting employer on a co-op work permit or a study permit, this requirement will only be considered met if you have completed your program of study."

Reactions: fzhongjie

fzhongjie

Dec 9, 2018
According to the BC Employer Guide, the company does not have to prove recruitment efforts if:

"you have a valid work permit and/or employment authorization and are currently working fulltime (at least an average of 30 hours per week, year-round) for the supporting B.C. employer in the occupation identified in the job offer. Please note that if you are currently working fulltime for the supporting employer on a co-op work permit or a study permit, this requirement will only be considered met if you have completed your program of study."
Thank you.

Reactions: shannonxtreme

Frollo888

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hi,
I am working on a post graduate open work permit now. And I was hired by company internal referral. Does my company still need to demonstrate recruitment effort, such as post job ads on Jobbank website?
Thank you.
Hey I have the same question !
Did you succeeded with your application ??
Please reply ! :(

in the Job Offer Form - Section 4 - Recruitment Summary
- Has Acrive recruitment taken place in Canada for this position ?

My employer answered NO
I'm currently working for him with an open work permit

fzhongjie

Dec 9, 2018

My employer answered NO
Thank you very much for your warm heart reply. I work on open work permit too. But I haven't started application yet. I'm still waiting for one year local work experience now.

adajeon

Oct 28, 2019
Thank you very much for your warm heart reply. I work on open work permit too. But I haven't started application yet. I'm still waiting for one year local work experience now.
Hello, did you end up successfully submitted an application for the BC PNP? Did you have to submit evidence of recruitment effort even if you're already working full-time with a valid open work permit? I'm in a similar situation and have tried contacting BC PNP but their reply wasn't very helpful.

Ywseo

Oct 15, 2022
Could you share if you had no issues please? I have the same situation. Working for a company on the open work permit.

md_0202

Jan 21, 2023

My employer answered NO
Hi, may I know if you succeeded with your application? Hoping to hear back from you.

md_0202

Jan 21, 2023
Could you share if you had no issues please? I have the same situation. Working for a company on the open work permit.
Hi Ywseo! Did you apply for the BC PNP and selected "NO" in the recruitment effort? How did it go? Hopefully you were approved. Can you please share your experience please and what did you mention in that section? Thank you in advance!