+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Refusal, because of minimum wage issue-Should i go for appealing process?

rishi_1987

Dec 27, 2016
Hi everyone, my application got refused by BC PNP because of occupation minimum wage is not satisfied, as my current salary is 75 cent less then the market minimum wage rate as per "job bank". Next month my employer will give me raise as i am finishing my two year experience in early mid January and then i think i can apply again in EEBC BC PNP category, but for now i am thinking to appeal, but i am not sure what would be the best to explain my situation that they may consider. any suggestion or advice will be appreciated... thanks!!!

Red Igloo

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Hi everyone, my application got refused by BC PNP because of occupation minimum wage is not satisfied, as my current salary is 75 cent less then the market minimum wage rate as per "job bank". Next month my employer will give me raise as i am finishing my two year experience in early mid January and then i think i can apply again in EEBC BC PNP category, but for now i am thinking to appeal, but i am not sure what would be the best to explain my situation that they may consider. any suggestion or advice will be appreciated... thanks!!!
Hey what happened? The wage must be minimum or the medium wage?

Reactions: Ggil

Red Igloo

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
You cannot have wage less than the provincial minimum wage. Safe side is to have it above the minimum wage.
What I understand that it does not matter the minimum wage. What matters is the minimum wage for that specifically position. I am in doubt if it needs to be the minimum wage for that specific position or the medium wage for that position.