+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP nominated, PR in process, could I move to other province?

erikalhg

Mar 10, 2009
Hello guys I really need your help,

My husband and I already got the appoval por the British Columbia PNP, 2 month ago we made the medical examination and now we are waiting to get the PR, but we receive an job offer to work in Alberta, If we move does it affect our PR process?. Is it ok if we got the BC PNP approval and know we want to move and work in alberta province?

Please I need your help as soon as possible, I don't want to loss the oportunitie to get a better job but I don't want to affect my PR process...

Thank you very much!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's safer to get your PR before you move. If BC PNP finds out you've moved in the middle of the process, they may cancel it. I know AB PNP cancels people if they find out they are not working for the employer who sponsored them anymore, let alone moved to another province.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Leon said:
It's safer to get your PR before you move. If BC PNP finds out you've moved in the middle of the process, they may cancel it. I know AB PNP cancels people if they find out they are not working for the employer who sponsored them anymore, let alone moved to another province.
That is correct,as a BC Goverment employee I can confirm We may cancell your nomination unless you make an effort to try and settle in BC,Anyway you can REAPPLY as AINP once your nomination is cancelled

Eslu

Sep 11, 2009
BC PNP...after Provincial certification

After the provincial certification of a PNP application, where do I apply for the immigration aspect? Do I submit it in the country where I am a resident or could it be submitted here in Canada as I would still be here in Canada, working for the same company for two more years?

Thanks

Eslu

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pnpapplicant said:
I have a job which will be in Montreal for a little while and after that I will move back to BC as it is a multinational company. I am done with Medicals and my pr is in process. Please advise If I can take up that job in Montreal. Thanks
Talk to BC PNP about your case. I think it depends on how long you anticipate staying in Montreal and if they are convinced you will return to BC.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pnpapplicant said:
The thing is my address in Vancouver will not change because I am going to come back. Also how will they know that I changed province? Again, will they just cancel the nomination or ask me before cancellong the nomination?
How will they know? Maybe someone will tell them. Maybe they try to phone you and your roomie says oh, he is working in Montreal now. Maybe somebody you work with who knows you are applying and is jealous of you will phone them and rat you out. Do you want to take the chance?

I don't know if they will bother asking you before canceling the nomination but if they do find out you are working in Montreal, I can assure you they will not be happy that you did not contact them before going and asking their permission. On the other hand, if you do ask their permission, they will either tell you no in which case you can't go or they will tell you it is ok in which case you can go and not worry if they will find out.

One more thing to note, are you working on an open work permit? Because if you are not, your work permit is bound to employer, position and location and you would not be allowed to work for the same employer in another location without getting a new permit.