+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP NOMINATED - HOW TO OBTAIN A TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT?

nic161

Feb 22, 2012
Hi,

My common law partner has recently been nominated by the BC PNP and has a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer. On the nomination letter is states it is our responsibility to obtain a temporary work permit if we wish to go to BC while our permanent residency application is being processed. We are both British Citizens. I would be very grateful if anyone could help with the following questions:

1. Do we have to obtain a temporary work permit before leaving the UK for Canada?
2. If yes, how can I apply as I notice on the application form future employer details and job offer letter etc are required. As I am not the principal applicant I do not have a job offer as yet and will be unable to complete this section and subsequently validate the application form?

3. If temporary work permit is not required before we leave the UK, can we each obtain a temporary work permit at the port of entry?
4. If yes, what documentation do we need to show at the port of entry? And is there any chance of being rejected at the port of entry?

Thanks