+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Material Changes in Employment

ll527

Jul 1, 2020
Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding material changes in employment and the pnp application. Please read through my story and any advice/insight would be extremely helpful!

Here is my story: during the end of March, I was unfortunately temporarily laid off by my employer due to COVID-19. My IELTS result arrived in early April so I could not register before the lay-off. Knowing now my employment status has changed, I held off the registration, too. Fast forward to last week, I was recalled by my employer to my original position as work has built up and I can now resume as a permanent full-time employee. I immediately submitted my pnp registration and was invited during yesterday's draw.

However, I just realized that there is now a new addendum about changes in employment in place and it says that 'recall to the same position/same employer' is considered as a material change, and 'if you have experienced a material change in employment before your ITA, you should not apply or you will be rejected'. Does this mean I cannot apply anymore? Even if my life is already back to normal?

I hope someone can help me understand this addendum better because I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly. I would understand if it says 'hold off your application until your life is back to normal', but this addendum is basically saying 'don't apply even if your life is back to normal' by having recall as a material change?

I really hope I can apply ASAP. Thank you in advance if you can provide me with any help.

Last edited:

Brommista

Sep 29, 2020
Hello all, I would like to ask a question regarding material changes in employment and the pnp application. Please read through my story and any advice/insight would be extremely helpful!

Here is my story: during the end of March, I was unfortunately temporarily laid off by my employer due to COVID-19. My IELTS result arrived in early April so I could not register before the lay-off. Knowing now my employment status has changed, I held off the registration, too. Fast forward to last week, I was recalled by my employer to my original position as work has built up and I can now resume as a permanent full-time employee. I immediately submitted my pnp registration and was invited during yesterday's draw.

However, I just realized that there is now a new addendum about changes in employment in place and it says that 'recall to the same position/same employer' is considered as a material change, and 'if you have experienced a material change in employment before your ITA, you should not apply or you will be rejected'. Does this mean I cannot apply anymore? Even if my life is already back to normal?

I hope someone can help me understand this addendum better because I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly. I would understand if it says 'hold off your application until your life is back to normal', but this addendum is basically saying 'don't apply even if your life is back to normal' by having recall as a material change?

I really hope I can apply ASAP. Thank you in advance if you can provide me with any help.
Hi,

I am also facing the same concern as you. Can you please suggest if you applied for BC PNP?

I did not work for 3 months fromMarch to May but later joined back at same position.

Harsh00721

Sep 30, 2020
Hey Guys,

I have a question that when we can count our 1-year experience in BC PNP to get 10 points in bonus, I completed my 1560 hours in 10 months duration should I update my profile or should wait for the 12 months completion.

Thanks for your all help...

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi,

I am also facing the same concern as you. Can you please suggest if you applied for BC PNP?

I did not work for 3 months fromMarch to May but later joined back at same position.
Im in the same situation.Please let me know what you did in this situation?

Kelio

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hi:

I just notice that BCPNP login page can not be opened.
It redirects to a web maintenance page.
However, I did not see any news, notifications or anyone else's discussion for this issue.
Is this only my issue or anyone else have the same issue ?