+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP for my spouse

van6wings

Nov 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

My wife and I got married on Oct, 2013 after I got my nomination letter on Sept, 2013 from BC government. Now I am about to send the package to CIC office. I am a little confused about the spouse policy. Can I add my spouse in the application so both of us can get PR via this PNP program? She is currently in China and the nomination letter was issued before the marriage, so do I need to renew my nomination letter before I send the package to CIC?
I have sent a lot of emails to PNP office but I still haven't received any response. I do hope someone with same experience can help clear my doubt. Thank you for your kindness!

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
First off Congratulations :) You MUST now add your wife to your CIC forms. All family members whether accompanying to Canada or not have to be included on the application.

You will have to include all the appropriate forms for your wife along with police checks, photos and she will also need to have a medical.
You should also inform the PNP office. Once your nomination certificate is updated your wife could apply for an open spousal work permit and join you in Canada whilst the PR application is being processed for the 2 of you.

However if the PNP office is not replying and you wish to get the forms off asap, CIC will still process the application for both of you despite your wife not being named on your nomination certificate

All the best