+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Application and Working Visa About to Expire

Gerasegovia

Apr 2, 2010
I did my BC PNP application on december the 15th 2009. On January 6th 2010 received email confirmation of application from PNP office.

My Working Permit is about to expire (April 14th) and I haven't hear from PNP office!, What should I do?? Can I stay in Vancouver after my working visa expires?. My counselor is telling me to make an extension of my work permit now with out PNP nomination to buy me some time. I just want to make things right. I been living in Vancouver for 2 years now, I have an apartment, my car, all my kitchen well equipped, my furniture, everything!!, I have a life here!. Its hard to think that I have to leave in 13 days and get rid of everything!.

Bc guy, please help!, anybody?

drew

Mar 19, 2010
i think you have the option to apply for an extension of work permit if you already have the positive response from the PNP but since it is still under processing you can apply for a visitor's visa so you dont have to leave BC. please call the immigration hotline and they are very helpful to assist you in your questions...the number is 18882422100. press 0 so you can talk to the representative straight. you just need to wait around 5 to 8 minutes but once you talk to them they will answer your inquiries ....

TomTom

Feb 11, 2010
Are you still working ? I think so otherwise it would make things harder for you to get your PNP nomination.
Then if you are still working for the employer mentioned on your work permit (if you don't have an open permit) it should not be difficult to extend it.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
you MUST apply for an extension of your work permit before it ends, plus an extension of temporary resident, quoting your PNP application.

Having done that.....you are on implied status and can continue working on the same conditions as your current work visa states.

Should your PNP not come through before Vegreville decline your extension, then you stop work, your temporary resident visa will not at this stage be declined so you can stay in Canada...wait for the positive PNP and reapply for the work visa.

Should the PNP arrive before the decline.....send the acceptance document ASAP to Vegrville with a cover letter.

Should the PNP be declined.....then you may get temporary resident visa and will have to look for another job and new LMO and visa.

pietvn

Aug 23, 2011
angelbrat

Thanks for this information. I am currently in the exact situation as Gerasegovia, but I need to sumbit my PNP application end of this week.

My VISA Expires in 65 days from now (17 Nov 2011) and I believe PNP acceptance can take up to 18 weeks or more.

An immigration lawyer told me to extend my current working permit just before it expires to give me "implied status". This extension will fail because I wont submit an LMO with it, but it should "buy" me some time. Also if I extend my temporary residence this should carry me through the duration of PNP approval? right?

My questions
1) If I apply for work permit extension (say 10 Nov 2011) should I include PNP in process?
2) If my steps above seem correct I should be fine without an expensive lawyer? I feel I can do it without one , or is this to risky from your experience?