+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC Id card and Services Card issues...

wolforever

Mar 14, 2017
Hello everyone,
My mom just immigrated and landed in Canada (living in BC) last week. Here we have some issues with obtaining her BC id card and services cards.
Right now she is waiting for her PR card, and it takes about 2-3 months. When she applies for a BC id card, the office asks for two ids, but she only has confirmation of PR as her immigration documents. However, this confirmation of PR is not a valid document (must have a photo like pr card). So she cannot get an id card until she gets her pr card.

Anyone has been had this issue before??

Thanks

dvkh

Jun 2, 2019
Hello everyone,
My mom just immigrated and landed in Canada (living in BC) last week. Here we have some issues with obtaining her BC id card and services cards.
Right now she is waiting for her PR card, and it takes about 2-3 months. When she applies for a BC id card, the office asks for two ids, but she only has confirmation of PR as her immigration documents. However, this confirmation of PR is not a valid document (must have a photo like pr card). So she cannot get an id card until she gets her pr card.

Anyone has been had this issue before??

Thanks
Hi did your mom get temporary coverage while waiting for her PR card? I will land next month and will be in the same situation.