+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Basement apartment

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just bought a home with a existing basement apartment in toronto. Want to rent it but have to update a few things like sound proof ceiling and five eights x drywall on ceilings. Do all the basment doors need to be solid wood or steel or just the one that separates at main floor to upper unit. Then I want to get it inspected and registered as legal apartment. Am I doing right or wrong. Thanks
Would look at the city of Toronto codes. You would want a fire door between units. Most basement apartments aren’t legal.

Gladysoge

Nov 14, 2022
Can someone help me, where is the best place to live in Canada . Want to migrate with my kids for better life

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help me, where is the best place to live in Canada . Want to migrate with my kids for better life
Unaffordable-wise, Toronto area. But you need to get the appropriate visa first in order to migrate there.

Btw, the best place to live in Canada is not a basement apartment.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
I rented a one bedroom basement apartment with all utilities included (wifi also and cable) and access to laundry for less than $1000. I had no issues, it also had windows. My apartment was sometimes too hot in the winter and too cold in the summer but my landlord had covers for the vent which I kept closed most times as the temp was always comfortable. I moved because I wanted a bigger space preferably a 2 bedroom. I think I was lucky to find the landlords through viewit as they were amazing. They also gave me a lot of things when I moved in, I was a stranger from another country and they were extremely helpful and kind to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you investigated whether you qualify to immigrate. Do you have multiple degrees? Work experience? Job offer? Do you have settlement funds? You need to do a lot more research. Are you a single parent? If so, it is very challenging to move to Canada with kids given the cost of living unless you have a very good job.